5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Vass,

I actually knew all that. I was just looking at things backwards, I suppose. I personally find it easier to drag the new spell into the sheet and have it automatically be "prepared" like it used to be, rather than have to go to the Preparation Mode and click. I suppose I was impacted by habit. It is really not a big deal and I think this got blown way out of proportion. And yes, I will input a 0 in that field and continue to do it old school. Thanks!

Greece or Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    Vass,

I actually knew all that. I was just looking at things backwards, I suppose. I personally find it easier to drag the new spell into the sheet and have it automatically be "prepared" like it used to be, rather than have to go to the Preparation Mode and click. I suppose I was impacted by habit. It is really not a big deal and I think this got blown way out of proportion. And yes, I will input a 0 in that field and continue to do it old school. Thanks!
    No problem. I was not necessarily replying to explain it to you per se, but rather using your conversation on the matter as an opportunity to explain something that I believe many people may get confused about, particularly coming in from legacy 5e. I myself have not decided if the 2024 approach is better than the old Known spells approach--at least for new players. It probably is? Maybe?

Hello!

On the Class & Level window, I have found that I am no longer able to update the "XP to Next Level" value. Instead, it always reads zero. Is there a new method for updating this value as the DM?

I am not running any extensions. Steps to recreate:

1. Open any character sheet.
    2. Navigate to the Main Tab.
    3. Under Class & Level on Main, select the gear icon.
    4. On the Class & Level window pop-up, "XP to Next Level" is not editable.

I do not believe my players used the character wizard to create their characters. The DM used to be able to update the value directly.

XP to Next Level.PNG
    Last edited by Imparu; Today at 05:55. Reason: Adding screen capture

If you read the latest updates, you will see that should now be automated (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tober-1st-2024) post #3, 2nd dot point

Try entering an amount in the XP box and see if it updates the “Next Level” field, I haven’t had a chance to check myself

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    If you read the latest updates, you will see that should now be automated (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tober-1st-2024) post #3, 2nd dot point

Try entering an amount in the XP box and see if it updates the “Next Level” field, I haven’t had a chance to check myself
    Thank you for the response!

I tried both updating the current XP box directly and adding the XP to the character sheets via the "Award XP" function of the party sheet. Neither resulted in the "Next Level" field being updated. When the players level up, I can see if automatically updates the experience. Unfortunately, every time I've tried to recreate the issue this morning, the character sheets I create, both using the character wizard and by adding the character manually, both automatically default the value to 300 as expected.

I have no idea how all four of my players created characters that don't have a next level XP value. Perhaps they created their characters before the automation update, before we started playing?

Edit: To clarify, I am still seeing the issue with their character sheets for now. Any advice on how to fix it for existing characters would be appreciated. If there is an XML value I can edit, I can probably figure it out, but I don't know if that'll break future automation.
    Last edited by Imparu; Today at 14:30. Reason: Edit to clarify that I am still seeing an issue with player character XP.

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Thread Information