GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexusDM View Post
    Sooooo, I did edit it manually (from the github version), which did exactly what I wanted it to (as in, remove a multitude of qualifiers and add another bunch, in addition to adding some sets to be used by devil fiends) but in the process I broke something, clearly, since all NPC parsed actions text stopped showing up (weird)... I decided to disable my modified version for now, as I can't find where I messed up. It also caused somehow all NPCs to get average HP rather than my set up for roll hp.

Example of missing text for your viewing :
    Attachment 61370
    I went ahead an edited it for you (and me).
    Added fiend.devil as an option along with another fiend type I saw that was not listed, which is fiend.yugoloth

Let me know if you have issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you ! Think I can safely edit the dataset to remove/add "behavior" qualifiers ?

EDIT: Did just that, copied my dataset into your edit, seems like it's working properly, will let you know if it brings up any issue down the line ! Much appreciated!
    Last edited by PlexusDM; July 23rd, 2024 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by PlexusDM View Post
    Thank you ! Think I can safely edit the dataset to remove/add "behavior" qualifiers ?

EDIT: Did just that, copied my dataset into your edit, seems like it's working properly, will let you know if it brings up any issue down the line ! Much appreciated!
    The only issue to watch out for is that updates from the forge will not take effect (your local copy overrides whatever the forge downloads)

Is there a way for me to edit in longer strings with variables for npc_flavor_strings?

I'd like to see Unidentified name = [size] [npc flavors extension] [type - most specific ignoring "any type"] wielding a [first action name] and? [second action name]?

Adult blue dragon = Huge pleasantly bald dragon wielding a bite and claw
    Acolyte = Medium loose suspenders humanoid wielding a club
    Last edited by ghen; Today at 17:14.

Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637

Thread Information