GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 72 of 72 First ... 2262707172

Thread: Linux Testing

Technically, we only support Ubuntu Linux, based on the Unity engine.

Given that, it looks like maybe there are multiple network interfaces on the machine, but some are not connected; or that the network interface is not stable (i.e. losting/regaining connection). Maybe try disabling wireless, and connecting via wired connection?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by craigbert View Post
    Hi All,

I recently switched back to linux after being on windows for a few years. I am running Linux Mint v22.
    I have installed FGU and copied over my campaigns from the windows drive.
    When I fire my main one up I am seeing the following:

In the chat it says:

Any idea what is going on or how I should resolve this?

Thanks,
    Craigbert
    I don't know if this will be the same issue, but another Mint user had networking issues recently: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post724900
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, I understand that you guys have to pick and choose distos to support ~ I am fine with that. There are too many variations and very few, if indeed any, companies have the resources to support multiple.
    Linux Mint is Ubuntu based and I know that doesn't mean you guys have to support it, but at least it is in the same family ~ maybe that is worth something or maybe it is worth nothing, but that aside for the moment.

OK. I have three network interfaces on my machine and they are the same basic three that most laptops / desktops have:
    loopback
    eth01 ~ physical media cable
    wlo1 ~ wireless.
    My wireless one is the only one in use and configured. Are you suggesting that my OS is trying to use one of the others at random times? That does not make much sense to me, but you have been doing this a while and I trust you guys. So what have you guys seen that would suggest this is the case? And how does switching to a physical cable resolve this? All three interfaces would still be there.

Thanks,

Craigbert

@Trenloe ~ thanks for pointing this out.

I have two separate computers: 1 Linux, 1 Windows.
    Windows Client connecting to the Linux server via the cloud is when I get the disconnect/reconnect issue.
    Linux client connecting to the Windows server via the cloud I have no issues.

Based on that I *believe* there is an issue on the Linux side and not on the Windows side nor do I believe that it is a network issue.

I am have not logged into my ATT router yet to see if they are blocking IP6 addresses, but I will do that in a wee bit.

Any other thoughts on what I should check or try?

THANK YOU!!!

Hi All,

I don't want to jinx this, but I may have found a solution.
    In /etc/sysctl.conf
    Add the following:
    net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 0
    net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
    You will need to reboot.

I got those settings from this forum post:
    https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=271397

Page 72 of 72 First ... 2262707172

Thread Information