GI JOE RPG Launch

Script Execution Error [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dualua"]

Hello,

On September 25th, 2024, I went to log in to my campaign in FantasyGrounds Unity named "Curse of Strahd" which runs on 5e rules and had the theme of "Legacy: Dark". Upon loading in, I received the error message:

"Script execution error: [string CoreRPG:scripts/manager_dice.lua"]:42 attempt to index global "CampaignRegistry' (a nil value)"

A screenshot has been added to show this. As a result of this, on the right side of the screen where all the buttons would be to access NPCS, maps, items, etc. is instead blank with a black vertical line. As such, I cannot access anything in this campaign which I have been running for over a year.

I can open other 5e campaigns with "Legacy: Dark" theme just fine. However, I am unable to import any of those character sheets from the "Curse of Strahd" campaign.

This problem persists even if have unloaded all themes. Further pictures included to showcase problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    If you turn off the theme, does the campaign load with no errors?
    Have you updated to the latest build?
    Can you attach the log files rather than a screenshot?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

For some reason the CampaignRegistry.lua file for your Curse of Strahd campaign has become corrupted. Go into your <FG app data>\campaigns\Curse of Strahd directory and if there's a CampaginRegistry.lua file rename it to CampaignRegistry.lua.old, then restart FG and load your campaign. Doing this will reset some of Fantasy Grounds setting, but it should allow you to properly load the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The error message implies that the CampaignRegistry.lua file for that campaign is invalid and probably corrupted. Try navigating to the campaign folder (via the Folder button in upper left of launch screen, then "campaigns", then the campaign name folder). Then, delete the CampaignRegistry.lua file there. Make sure the campaign is not running when you do this; then re-open campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information