5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There needs to be a number in that box in the power group otherwise the spell preparation feature won't work. It doesn't matter what number is there as long as there is one. If someone changes it to a zero then they'll need to change it back to a number for the feature to work.
    Maybe I do not understand you, or you do not understand me. Warlocks do not prepare spells. If you have any number in that box that I described, the Warlock does not see her spells in the Combat Mode.

Prepared is input with a 0 and spells are visible in the Combat Mode
    spells.png
    Prepared is input with a 2 and spells are bye bye from the Combat Mode
    nospells.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    Maybe I do not understand you, or you do not understand me. Warlocks do not prepare spells. If you have any number in that box that I described, the Warlock does not see her spells in the Combat Mode.

Prepared is input with a 0 and spells are visible in the Combat Mode
    spells.png
    Prepared is input with a 2 and spells are bye bye from the Combat Mode
    nospells.png
    In combat mode, without the prepared enabled by adding a number, it will default and show ALL of your spells in your spellbook or collection, once you add the value and cycle to "prepare", it will allow you to select and prepare whatever quantity your caster can prep, manually. And then after this , when you cycle back to "combat" mode, only your prepared spells selections will appear, and not all of them as you've shown in your example images.

Cycle the option to prepared, there you can select or deselect as needed. The prepared bubbles will not show unless your selection is set to prepared, and you've set a value in the prepared field. In both image examples, it's cycled to Combat currently.

I agree about the confusion part, if it's set to 2 prepared by default upon character creation, this behavior will create a misunderstanding. In the interim, I will create a video in case and we must train our players until this can be investigated and or sorted. I don't know or cannot verify this is happening upon character creation, or if the players accidentally added a value in that particular field themselves.
    Last edited by Laerun; September 27th, 2024 at 04:12. Reason: Clarity.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It is happening on Character Creation using the Character Wizard. Every Warlock I build automatically starts with a 2 in the Prepared box. Luckily, I know how to remove it so that I can see my spells in Combat mode. And to clarify, Warlocks do not prepare spells; all spells should show up in Combat Mode. (I think it does this with Ranger, too.)

On a side note. Is Aid a Ritual spell? I am not seeing this in the paper PH. In FGU, Casting Time does not show it as a Ritual, either, but there is a "Ranger; Ritual" tag in the Source line. I quickly reviewed the Ranger and did not see it being a Ritual spell for Rangers, but I may have missed it.

Question

It is happening on Character Creation using the Character Wizard. Every Warlock I build automatically starts with a 2 in the Prepared box. Luckily, I know how to remove it so that I can see my spells in Combat mode. And to clarify, Warlocks do not prepare spells; all spells should show up in Combat Mode. (I think it does this with Ranger, too.)

On a side note. Is Aid a Ritual spell? I am not seeing this in the paper PH. In FGU, Casting Time does not show it as a Ritual, either, but there is a "Ranger; Ritual" tag in the Source line. I quickly reviewed the Ranger and did not see it being a Ritual spell for Rangers, but I may have missed it.
    I just did a complex drag and drop build of a Pact of the Tome warlock and it was a bit messy. I know what you mean, but there is a table in the warlock class section that shows spells known, prepared, and slots.

PHB, pg 108? Pact Magic.

Level 1: Pact Magic Through occult ceremony, you have formed a pact with a mysterious entity to gain magical powers. The entity is a voice in the shadows—its identity unclear—but its boon to you is concrete: the ability to cast spells.

See chapter 7 for the rules on spellcasting. The information below details how you use those rules with Warlock spells, which appear in the Warlock spell list later in the class’s description.

Cantrips. You know two Warlock cantrips of your choice. Eldritch Blast and Prestidigitation are recommended.

Whenever you gain a Warlock level, you can replace one of your cantrips from this feature with another Warlock cantrip of your choice.

When you reach Warlock levels 4 and 10, you learn another Warlock cantrip of your choice, as shown in the Cantrips column of the Warlock Features table.

Spell Slots. The Warlock Features table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your Warlock spells of levels 1–5.

The table also shows the level of those slots, all of which are the same level. You regain all expended Pact Magic spell slots when you finish a Short or Long Rest.

For example, when you’re a level 5 Warlock, you have two level 3 spell slots. To cast the level 1 spell Witch Bolt, you must spend one of those slots, and you cast it as a level 3 spell.

Prepared Spells of Level 1+. You prepare the list of level 1+ spells that are available for you to cast with this feature.

To start, choose two level 1 Warlock spells. Charm Person and Hex are recommended. The number of spells on your list increases as you gain Warlock levels, as shown in the Prepared Spells column of the Warlock Features table.

Whenever that number increases, choose additional Warlock spells until the number of spells on your list matches the number in the table.

The chosen spells must be of a level no higher than what’s shown in the table’s Slot Level column for your level.
    When you reach level 6, for example, you learn a new Warlock spell, which can be of levels 1–3.

If another Warlock feature gives you spells that you always have prepared, those spells don’t count against the number of spells you can prepare with this feature, but those spells otherwise count as Warlock spells for you.

Changing Your Prepared Spells. Whenever you gain a Warlock level, you can replace one spell on your list with another Warlock spell of an eligible level.

Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is the spellcasting ability for your Warlock spells.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Laerun; Yesterday at 23:52. Reason: Added data
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Re: Aid
    No, it's not a ritual.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Ahh, I see the confusion. Yes, Prepared Spells seems to be a misnomer, in my opinion, because you do not actually prepare them. In effect you do not. You do not prepare from a list of spells at every long rest. Once you grab the spells that you are allowed, you are stuck with them until you level-up whereupon you gain a new one (and can switch one out.) I suppose you prepare the spell when you first get it, but after that you are really just regaining spell slots at each rest and not preparing anything.

So the way it is now, at each level-up when you add your one new spell, the player has to click that spell in the Prepared list to activate it to get it to show in the Combat mode. Yes, that works. I will stick with my way and set Prepared to 0 so that the spell I gain at level-up automatically shows in the Combat Tab. Drag and drop, and it is there and visible. The Warlock will never have a list of spells it has to choose from and all the spells they have should just automatically show in the Combat mode.

I'm playing a Warlock in two games right now and do not remember ever having to click them in Prepared Mode and thus I think you guys had it set to zero in that box before. I stand corrected... kind of sort of, but not really. Thank you for your time.

Ahh, I see the confusion. Yes, Prepared Spells seems to be a misnomer, in my opinion, because you do not actually prepare them. In effect you do not. You do not prepare from a list of spells at every long rest. Once you grab the spells that you are allowed, you are stuck with them until you level-up whereupon you gain a new one (and can switch one out.) I suppose you prepare the spell when you first get it, but after that you are really just regaining spell slots at each rest and not preparing anything.

So the way it is now, at each level-up when you add your one new spell, the player has to click that spell in the Prepared list to activate it to get it to show in the Combat mode. Yes, that works. I will stick with my way and set Prepared to 0 so that the spell I gain at level-up automatically shows in the Combat Tab. Drag and drop, and it is there and visible. The Warlock will never have a list of spells it has to choose from and all the spells they have should just automatically show in the Combat mode.

I'm playing a Warlock in two games right now and do not remember ever having to click them in Prepared Mode and thus I think you guys had it set to zero in that box before. I stand corrected... kind of sort of, but not really. Thank you for your time.
    Yeah, no problem. It's definitely odd.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi everyone,

While creating a new NPC using D&D 2024 PH, I didn't find where to set proficiency to an ability.

If something was missed or if there was an error, please detail the specific build steps.
    Also, one can edit and add or adjust these on the abilities tab once the NPC is unlocked and edited. Please provide a screen shot if possible. This can be set in the Skills field, and just add any bonuses there, for example, Prof Bonus +2, Plus Dex bonus +2, add +4 to the ability skills field. Acrobatics +4, I do not recall if this auto-calculated before.

Saves_NPC.png
    Last edited by Laerun; Today at 21:13. Reason: added image
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

It seems there's no saving throw field in 2024, yet I could input them in the skill field as per attached image, since the save modifier cannot be edited with the creature proficiency bonus.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last

Thread Information