Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hi Folks,
    When awarding experience, is there a way that I can have the award notification only show up in that individual PC's chat? I would like to sometimes award XP based on certain PC actions, but still keep the DM mystery.

I should say that I am new to FG and have not run something yet, so if this is what happens already, apologies.

Blog Entries
    Welcome

If you drag a number from chat to the PCs XP field it should update their XP, I don't know if it shows that in chat to everyone or just the player though. Would have to test. Hopefully someone jumps in soon who has tested it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The chat is broadcast to everyone; you'd need to write an extension I think to limit the chat to just one person.

You could just manually adjust the xp by typing it directly into the player's character sheet and then whisper to that player that they've had an award.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks LordEntrails and Zacchaeus! That was pretty much the plan I had too. Good to know I wasn't missing anything.

I really like this feature. It's nice and easy. Tidy. The only thing I wish would happen, is that there was some where the players could look to see what they were given xp-for. If I award a player a bit of xp based on good roleplaying, or fun rp, or humor or something, it would be nice if they could see why they got the award. As far as I can tell, when you drag the xp over, it awards the xp but there is nowhere on the sheet which actually tells them *why* they got xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    I really like this feature. It's nice and easy. Tidy. The only thing I wish would happen, is that there was some where the players could look to see what they were given xp-for. If I award a player a bit of xp based on good roleplaying, or fun rp, or humor or something, it would be nice if they could see why they got the award. As far as I can tell, when you drag the xp over, it awards the xp but there is nowhere on the sheet which actually tells them *why* they got xp.
    You are correct there isn't. The chat only shows what xp is awarded and doesn't give a reason. Might be something you could add to the feature request list. Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't know if this option of distributing XP individually through Quests is valid for all Rulesets, because I tried to do it for the Rolemaster Classic Ruleset and it only duplicates the item.
    1 - I created the Quest and defined the XP.
    2 - I placed it in the Party Sheet.
    3 - I dragged it to the Character (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    4 - I dragged it to the Experience field (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    5 - I opened the Character sheet and dragged it to the Experience field (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    6 - I opened the Quest from the side menu and dragged it to the character's XP field in the Party Sheet (the Quest was duplicated in the Party Sheet.)
    7 - I dragged the Quest to the XP Field of the Character Sheet (Nothing Happened.)
    Note: I have 3 characters in the Party Sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by YAKO SOMEDAKY View Post
    I don't know if this option of distributing XP individually through Quests is valid for all Rulesets, because I tried to do it for the Rolemaster Classic Ruleset and it only duplicates the item.
    1 - I created the Quest and defined the XP.
    2 - I placed it in the Party Sheet.
    3 - I dragged it to the Character (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    4 - I dragged it to the Experience field (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    5 - I opened the Character sheet and dragged it to the Experience field (The Quest was Duplicated.)
    6 - I opened the Quest from the side menu and dragged it to the character's XP field in the Party Sheet (the Quest was duplicated in the Party Sheet.)
    7 - I dragged the Quest to the XP Field of the Character Sheet (Nothing Happened.)
    Note: I have 3 characters in the Party Sheet.
    I don't know the Rolemaster ruleset; but you don't drag the quest. You drag the number in the XP box and drop that onto the XP box on the Party Sheet for the character you want to give the XP to.

Perfect! When you drag the value to the XP field in the Party Sheet, it gives the XP only to that character!
    Thanks!

Thread Information