Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

New FG User having issues with how setup/load the Invasion campaign

Hello, and sorry as this is my first time trying to setup/gm something on FG. When I open the books under the library, I see the books that I have loaded. One of them is the Invasion campaign... I think. However, When I click the campaign button, it looks like it wants me to create it manually. Is that something we normally have to do? Did I load the book incorrectly?

Thanks to the advice and help!

Welcome to the FG forums!

An FG "Campaign" is a structure that allows you to load the various products you want to use for your sessions, plus add information yourself. A "module" contains library data - rulebooks, setting information, adventures, maps, etc.. You need to load the library DLC you want to use within an FG campaign - so create a new campaign and then load the books you need to run the Invasion adventures. This structure allows you to use the same data within different campaigns, you're not limited to running one Invasion campaign, for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you're talking about the campaign button on the Books window, that's for creating a campaign book. As in an adventure module or campaign setting. This gets exported as a book / module that you can load just like the Invasion book.
    You don't need to do that to run a campaign. Unless you want to create a book that you use to track the adventure, or side quests you add, things like that. Generally, if you're running pre-written adventures you don't need to do that.
    Everything you need is in the loaded books / modules you access in the Books and Modules lists.
    Everything from those loaded modules will appear in items lists, edges, NPCs, powers, etc.
    So you should be all set.
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

@Garrtuth - after reading the reply of @Mike Serfass I realise I probably wasn't answering your question. Sorry about that, I thought you expected to see "Invasion" to load as a campaign in the load campaign screen, which is something other new users have asked about in the past.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information