GI JOE RPG Launch

Backup installing again?

Hi,

an update had destroyed the skill stats of rolemaster RMC chars, so all stats are blank instead of showing In,Pr...
    I had an backup but one week old and my players had leveled in the meantime- I copied the backup over my destroyed campaign- is there a possibility to get the char data back from my PCs somehow, because they are now lvl5 instead of lvl6?
    I asked in general chat because I looked in the FGU standard directories and found db.xml and different db sessions not so old...
    Perhpas you know wherre PC date is normally saved?

Thanks
    Micael

The players should have their PCs in the local computer cache, as long as they haven't re-joined your game with the broken characters. As them to export their PCs from their cache to XML as a backup, then send you the XML to import into the current campaign.

This video shows how players can access the PCs in the local campaign cache data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30o7jjJpLoo

EDIT: Or see post #4 below if your local db XML backup/session files are recent enough.
    Last edited by Trenloe; Today at 18:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Remember the 3-2-1 rule! Look at my sig for the thread that helps you setup an automated backup batch file (or script as the kids these days are calling it <insert get off my lawn! gif here>).

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    ... I looked in the FGU standard directories and found db.xml and different db sessions not so old...
    Perhpas you know wherre PC date is normally saved?
    The PC data is stored within the campaign db.xml file - the db.session and db.backup files are auto backups created by FG. You could also try making a copy of your current campaign directory in <FG app data>\campaigns and then rename the most recent db.backup or db.session XML file to db.xml, then load up this copied campaign and see how recent the PC data is. Working against a copy of the original campaign directory will mean you won't lose anything if something screws up.

More info on the campaign database files can be found in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information