5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Short Slash Commands in the Help Documents Not Working?

For the various "chat modes", like /emote, there are shortcut codes listed in the help documents that don't actually seem to work.

For example, /emote lists /e as an alternative, but when I try to use it, it fills the chat window with the actually-valid chat commands instead. /em does work, however.

Same with /mood (/m doesn't work, /moo does), and /ooc (/oo works).

The help documents do say that "Most slash commands can be shortened as long as the shortened version of the command is unique," and I assume the problem is the Ruleset-specific slash commands? But commands like /export and /mod seem to apply to most Rulesets, so should the help documents be changed to reflect this?

I admit this is a fairly minor thing, but it stumped me for a bit.

Yes, I think that will need updated. I'm not sure that /e or /o ever worked since those aren't unique (there's a bunch of /export commands, and /option commands) so I can see why /em and /oo work. And I believe that /mod is a fairly recent addition and would explain why /mo doesn't work for /mood.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We've removed the erroneous command shortcuts list in the documentation. Please pardon any confusion there. As Zacchaeus said, you might be able to shorten them yourself as long as they are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by WishX View Post
    We've removed the erroneous command shortcuts list in the documentation. Please pardon any confusion there. As Zacchaeus said, you might be able to shorten them yourself as long as they are unique.
    Hey, many thanks for taking the feedback into consideration.

Thread Information