Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Rhagelstrom Appreciation Thread

Rhagelstrom doesn't owe me anything and I'm not a schill for him. In fact, we've had some very, very different opinions about a few topics, but having said that.....

I wanted to bring some public attention to how much Rhagelstrom does for the FG community. The guy has his own suite of incredibly useful extensions, but he also has taken over maintenance of a huge number of extensions from creators that are on a break or MIA.

He also updates extensions for creators that haven't had the time to fix problems created by the recent patch(es).

My only concern is that he takes on too much and it burns him out. So, I would like the community to show some appreciation for one of the people who make FGU, objectively, better.

Also, given the fact that many of the extensions that he maintains are free, I am going to pledge a donation to show my own appreciation for his time. I hope that some of you that also use his work and are fortunate enough to be in a good place financially, will do so as well.
    Last edited by BushViper; Yesterday at 12:15.
    lol/no

I appreciate him. Especially when he incorporates fixes I debug in BCEG or AURA! (SW5E mine exploding days)
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

1000%. I remember when I first saw the original BCE post and being blown away at the sudden depth of automation that became possible for a very large amount of frequently used abilities/spells.
    It is hard to understate Rhagelstrom's impact.

First, absolutely Rhagelstrom deserves recognition and respect. He's on my shortlist of top 10 Devs I have used / communicated with.

I had a healthy respect for ALL devs when I first was learning FG and just had to have extensions, but since delving into doing a Mod in PFrpg that started as coding effects for Feats that has morphed into so many other effects, and taken so many hours (although I enjoy it). I have an insane amount of respect for all the Devs and the time (paid ext or not) involved in creating and maintaining their code.

THANK YOU
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance** accidentally deleted, If anyone grabbed a copy, PLEASE let me know**. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Great post about a great asset to the community!

Greece or Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    I 10000% support this thread!

Ryan is among those people here who has devoted their time and energy to increase the enjoyment we get out of FG. BCEG (among other things) has been a revelation, just to name one.

Also, the fact that he has also taken some of the brunt of fixing or helping fix a few beloved extensions that their owner has left (at least for the time being; I have no delusions or expectations that he'll keep doing that) is even more noteworthy.

BushViper, I commend you for this thread. I'm by no means rich, but I'm in a good enough place financially to be able follow your suggestion. And I too invite everyone to do the same if able. For that matter, I'll also say this: These were a couple of particularly challenging months for extension devs. If you appreciate their work and feel they have enhanced your experience, donate. Even if their extensions weren't free. They don't ask for it. They'll probably urge you not to do it. But if you are able to, at least buy them a coffee.

Thank you all

Thank you @rhagelstrom for your herculean contributions and thank you @BushViper for starting this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you!

Thread Information