Starfinder Playlist

Lobby Connection Not Stable

On the load screen, the lobby connection indicator (on top left) keeps changing from Connected to Unconnected.

Started yesterday after the internet browser updates.

Website is also slow loading in Chrome and Edge. Sometimes will auto log me off when opening new pages on the forum. Has gotten better since disabling all chrome extensions (pop and ad blocker).

Has not had any effect on the connectivity of FG itself. It just keeps going on and off every few seconds. Support emailed a response that they do not see any issues on their side.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

If I can't have a constant connection to the lobby I can't play or run games
    I've not been able to get this computer to work for LAN connections, even after opening ports since the lobby was created.

It sounds like something on your computer, possibly anti virus or something on your router could be causing the Lobby connection issue (I'm not seeing anyone else reporting this - so it doesn't seem like it is a general issue).

Anti virus or some kind of ad block or other security add ons could also be slowing down your browser connections. Other than that I'm not sure what else you can try.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    On the load screen, the lobby connection indicator (on top left) keeps changing from Connected to Unconnected.

Started yesterday after the internet browser updates.

Website is also slow loading in Chrome and Edge. Sometimes will auto log me off when opening new pages on the forum. Has gotten better since disabling all chrome extensions (pop and ad blocker).

Has not had any effect on the connectivity of FG itself. It just keeps going on and off every few seconds. Support emailed a response that they do not see any issues on their side.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

If I can't have a constant connection to the lobby I can't play or run games
    I've not been able to get this computer to work for LAN connections, even after opening ports since the lobby was created.
    Are you using wireless?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Windows Defender is the only antivirus, FG is all set to pass through. Disabled all pop up and ad blockers and never used a VPN.

Ethernet connection, swapped cables. Reset Xfinity router multiple times. Even if it I was wireless, my computer is only about 3 feet from the router (ethernet connection is still faster though) and the only other device connected to wifi is my phone.

I was on chat support with Xfinity (internet service provider) from 10pm to 3am and it does seem to be an issue they are having since the browser update Monday and they said it would be around 3pm today for the fix. It does seem like the website is better now but still having issues with Disney+, Hulu and Xfinity (and other) websites.

I just loaded up FG now and the lobby connection was still flipping on and off. Waited a few minutes for to seemingly stabilize and it opened up without losing connection on load.

Sounds like I'm at the mercy of Xfinity and I don't have the option of changing provider as it is forced on me by my apartment complex (although, I've had worse experiences with the other providers available in my area, which is pretty much all other national providers available in the US, east of the Mississippi). At least my work web apps are functioning as I am strictly work from home.

I do find it weird that I'm the only one having any issues as Xfinity is one of the top 3 providers in the US.

Hopefully, it's fixed by Friday so I can play in a recently started Shadowdark campaign.

Thanks for the replies!

It may be you are the only one reporting the issue so far. Xfinity certainly has it's share of issues going back to Classic days.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's likely a local connection issue. At least your not like me and have a fibre line going through about 600ft from your house that I CAN"T connect to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    It's likely a local connection issue. At least your not like me and have a fibre line going through about 600ft from your house that I CAN"T connect to.
    I was trying to reply and the website kicked me out. I can't remember what I was going to reply now, lol.

I'd look at the XFinity advanced security: https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...anced-security

Try turning it off as a test to see if that improves your connection issues.

I'm on Xfinity, but I don't have their modem/router or Xfinity advanced security, and I'm not experiencing the issues you describe.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information