Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Adding allies in Savage Worlds

So I figured out how to add Allie’s to a character sheet, but I can’t figure out how to add the ally on the same initiative of the character.

I have a shape changer that I have added all his shapes as Allies. When he shape changes I’m going to skip his turn and act through his alternate form

Please help

Drag and drop the ally NPC link from the character sheet towards the combat tracker. You should see that the action card is highlighted with a red box. If you drop the NPC link onto the character's card - rather than to an empty bit of the tracker - it will add the ally to the character's initiative.

Similarly for characters already on the tracker you can drag and drop their link (usually the little white dragon a red square, depending on your theme) and drop onto another character's card and it'll group the two on to the same initiative card.

Cheers, Hywel Phillips

Button on CT opens radial menu to add all PC and allies on one click. Any NPC on Allies section of player character sheet automatically gets added on same action card.

For shape changers I would not use allies. Instead use effect on CT to modify character. Note that these effects can even be saved to their own module for future reuse.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; Yesterday at 17:02.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Magniloquent View Post
    So I figured out how to add Allie’s to a character sheet, but I can’t figure out how to add the ally on the same initiative of the character.

I have a shape changer that I have added all his shapes as Allies. When he shape changes I’m going to skip his turn and act through his alternate form

Please help
    Use the Menu button on the CT and the Add button. It has options to Add Allies, Players and Vehicles to the CT and assigns them to the right Action Card.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Unfortunately I have a "summoner" in on of my games so the easiest way to handle all of his summons where he can have multiples of the exact same thing summoned I found it easiest to just create copies (with numbers after to distinguish them) on his Allies section of the sheet, so using the Add Allies would blow up CT! The most efficient way we've found so far (and maybe there is something far better) is for me as the GM to drag the summons off of his sheet onto his card in CT, make the visible (since they normally come in hidden), then the player can grab their picture on CT and drag that to where he would summon them within range on the map. That also lets him double-click individuals on the map to pull up their character sheets to do rolls from. The modifiers (where he might spend extra power point to give them Edges and stuff) can be a bit of a pain, but usually it's just something there is an Effect for so we can just grab the appropriate Effect and drop it onto the summons to add that, or we create it on the fly (for things like just +1d to a Trait or something).

I'm all ears for better ways, but so far that doesn't work too bad. I will say with all of the updates happening recently and likely the Forge add-ons I'm using it was a bit painful last night with constantly having the error log pop-up with any change happening on CT, and text overlapping things. I think it's all just getting the add-ons updated to fix all of that. (I still have the encumbrance issue in PFSW, too, FWIW.)
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information