5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Cannot Drag/Set an Image as a Character or NPC Portrait Anymore After Update

After one of the latest FantasyGrounds updates I have been unable to drag and drop an image from "Images" to set as a character portrait by dragging it to the character portrait. Locking or unlocking has no effect, nor does ownership (I'm the GM anyway). It also still works for tokens for whatever reason.

Was this useful feature intentionally removed or is it a bug?
    Last edited by Floofzy; Today at 03:19. Reason: Adding details

Click the portrait space to open the "Pictures and Tokens" window. Interact with these controls to add portraits and tokens.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Click the portrait space to open the "Pictures and Tokens" window. Interact with these controls to add portraits and tokens.
    No offense, but that wasn't my question at all. I am aware of how to add a picture like that. What I am saying is that previously there was a functionality to drag and drop an image there that is now gone, and it still exists for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofzy View Post
    No offense, but that wasn't my question at all. I am aware of how to add a picture like that. What I am saying is that previously there was a functionality to drag and drop an image there that is now gone, and it still exists for tokens.
    Sorry, this window is new within the last few months so I assumed you were referring to functionality prior to that.

EDIT: If you're referring to dragging an image from the "Images" sidebar, then I don't think you've ever been able to do that for a portrait. You drag images from the "Assets" window.

I've just tested and it's working fine for me - dragging tokens, portraits or images from the Assets window to the Portrait field of the Picture and Tokens window.

Try in a brand new campaign with no extensions and themes enabled. If you still can't drag an image from the Assets window to the Picture and Tokens window then please let us know which ruleset you're using.
    Last edited by Trenloe; Today at 03:44.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you! That helped a lot. I think it's obvious now it was my mistake and I was misremembering the feature. What confused me is that dragging directly from images works for tokens, but not for portraits. For portraits they have to be dragged from assets. I think it's always been like this, I just got confused.

Thread Information