GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 113 of 113 First ... 1363103111112113
    Wow, that sounds quite complex. Thank you, it will definitely help. I’ll try to adapt it to what I need in the end. If you’re interested, I can send it to you when I’m done!

Quote Originally Posted by Elawyn View Post
    Hi all, I just stumbled over an issue, perhaps since last update: I have created a subwindow for my NPC Sheet and -as usual before in RW- binded it with the Tab Template, like in Charsheet as I did several times before. Worked fine until last update. But now, the self-made Tab and the binded subwindow are not shown. I might be wrong, but Moon Wizard told something about the new structure and NPC sheet is already changed to the new settings. I don`t know how to change my tab to reach my new subwindow again or how to rename. Is there a possibility? For my understanding it should be an easy renaming ?

Regards
    Elawyn

as a workaround I overwrite this snippet from record_npc.xml and added my Tab/ Subwindow

<root>
    <windowclass name="npc" copy="record_window_tabbed">
    <minimize>minimized_npc</minimize>
    <gmexport>npc</gmexport>
    <tab>
    <name>main</name>
    <resource>tab_main</resource>
    <class>npc_main</class>
    <embed/>
    </tab>
    <tab merge="add">
    <name>notes</name>
    <resource>tab_notes</resource>
    <class>record_content_notes</class>
    <embed/>
    </tab>
    <tab merge="add">
    <name>spells</name>
    <resource>tab_spells</resource>
    <class>npc_spells</class>
    <embed/>
    </tab>
    </windowclass>
    </root>

this works, but what do I missing, using the RW functionallity? the wording is the same...
    Did someone ever answer this question a few pages back? I am also curious how to add a new tab to a record window, preferably without having to mess with xml using this Ruleset Wizard.

I am trying out the demo and following Damian's Ruleset Wizard Extension Tutorial and the second video isn't working for me where a tab is added. Even though it bugs out and is presumably fixed in future tutorials, it at least adds the tab and is overriding the original functionality, but it doesn't even do that for me. I'm guessing the way tabs work has been recently changed to involve this record_window_tabbed thing that I can't seem to find on the internet except for in this thread a couple pages back and another thread also in 2024, so it's got to be recent, I'm guessing. Is there a way to work around it with Ruleset Wizard currently so I can keep going on in the tutorial?
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; Yesterday at 20:41.

Oh wow, it must be fresh then. I suppose I'll just keep an eye on this thread, and wait for people smarter than myself, like you or psicodelix, to figure it out.

Do you think the Ruleset Wizard would still be useful to learn or does that signify other parts of the code have changed too much, and I should wait for some patches for the Ruleset Wizard before I jump in and try to figure it out? Was hoping to use it to help make extensions for existing rulesets. I was learning how to do it manually through XML and Lua before, and I could keep doing that, but this looks like it could really speed the workflow up.

For example, D&D 4th edition doesn't have classes, races, backgrounds, skills, etc, in the sidebar for some reason like other rulesets do, just feats and powers. I was thinking I could possibly use this tool to help mimic that behavior as an extension (and it'd be even more awesome if I could make it so you can drag them onto a character sheet to add them, too). I've got other ideas, but that's probably the next online campaign I'll run, so anything that speeds up the process to make extensions for it sounds tempting.
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; Today at 00:25.

Blog Entries
    You may have to do the tabs manually in XML (you can create manual XML files in your project via the RSW still) at this time.
    Not only have tabs changed but they have not changed across all things at the same time.
    Some have new tabs, some have old tabs and I think some might even be in a transitional state too right now.

Page 113 of 113 First ... 1363103111112113

Thread Information