GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom Class Specialization Box missing again

When creating a custom class, in earlier versions you could specify subclass selections as a feat in the main class feat list. Between the Legacy vs 2024 rules update, and the base UI overhaul I think it was possibly messed up again.

I was in the middle of a custom class creation for my home game in March when I noticed the issue. I found this thread, that indicated it had been fixed. I tried it out a few weeks later and the specialization box was back. Life happened and now I'm finally getting around to finishing my class for module export and the Specialization box is gone again! I can still see it on the classes in the PHB classes, but it is not accessible to me in a custom class.

I'm really hopeful to get this class finished finally, will keep my ear to the ground on this thread for updates.
    Thank you

If you are making a D&D (2024) class, then classes always get their specialization at L3.
    If you are making a D&D Legacy (2014) class, then there is a box at the bottom of the class feature record where you can specify that this class feature is a specialization choice. (See attached picture.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup that's what I expect to see as well but the checkbox and the spec requirement fields are missing. I can try updating again today if you think it may be a recent change but otherwise I'm considering reinstalling the app to make sure something didn't go wrong earlier yet.
    If it's just my install that'd be quite a relief

Here is what I'm seeing on my end (see attachment)FG_ClassBug.png

Updated once more since it seems there was another update waiting to be applied, still seeing the issue.

Not sure why it is not appearing. Can you zip up your campaign folder and post here?

Regards,
    JPG

I can, but it's happening to all my campaigns. It may be bigger than my campaign files. Is there a way I can post files that only you would have access to? This is a custom class I was hoping to release at a later date.

well actually it's not even done yet so it's missing half the special stuff anyways. Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, it looks like it didn't happen all the time; but I think I fixed it. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

out of curiosity I just had a friend replicate the bug on their separate machine also running the most current update.
    The repro steps were:
    1. Create a new campaign
    2. Use 5e ruleset
    3. Create a new class
    4. Add a feature to the class
    5. Open the feature and see that the checkbox and text field are missing.

I hope this is helpful in debugging the issue, as a fellow programmer I understand the pain of UI.
    I did also confirm that neither of us were using any extensions.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information