5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415
    Got a script execution error when switching from Abilities to Background. Most likely related to the Ultramodern5e Redux book I have loaded.

FG v4.5.9 fully updated as of two hours ago.
    No extensions
    Modules Loaded: I have the Player's Handbook, the UltraModern5e Redux, Pathfinder Flip-map, Decks

FantasyGrounds_R998c4ImIs.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

The character wizard never had the Ultramodern 5e system in mind. I'm going to try and see why it's causing that error, but may take a bit of time to see an update with the latest beta that is currently in place.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

That's what I figured, and since it's an older source from before the character wizard existed, IIRC, I could imagine there being some issues.

Hi. Just loaded up D&D 2024 PHB. going through the character wizard it appears to ignore my choice for kit; creating a fighter, given choice between chainmail & greatsword or studded armor & longbow or 150 gp, I opt for studded armor & longbow, but when I open inventory I found it was populated with chainmail & greatsword et al. ran through the process a couple of times with the same result. was able to manually adjust.

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

Regards,
    JPG

I probably reported it to the wrong thread, so I'm going to copy this here. Please disregard if it's already investigated:

This happens to me with no extensions loaded and only the new PHB loaded.
    Using the character wizard, trying to create a Druid or a Paladin (I haven't seen it happen with other classes yet), after having selected the class options and spells for level 1, select the Noble background; when choosing whether you want 3 abilities +1, or One +2 and One +1, select the One +2 and One +1: the console shows the following error
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:charwizard/scripts/decision.lua"]:100: attempt to index global 'choice' (a nil value)
    The same error shows up again once selected an ability for the +2.

Now save the character, and try to level up using the character wizard again: as soon as the "level up" button in the character wizard is pressed, this error appears:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:..ripts/manager_charwizard_abilities.lua"]:45: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)
    It's possible to save the character at this point, but the options are not correctly shown (e.g. no option for the paladin to choose the fighting style). If instead of saving one decides to CANCEL and quit the character wizard, and try the LVL UP button in the character class/level box again, the character wizard appears, the same error appears again ([ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:..ripts/manager_charwizard_abilities.lua"]:45: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)) but the character wizard doesn't show any class feature anymore (and doesn't allow to select new spells either)

Video for clarity: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhU4e1ugaj2RhJNy...ATenA?e=CoKP8M

@TheFox,
    A fix has been pushed for this issue. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

@Lo Zeno,
    Here is fine; though there is a 2024 bugs thread sticky in the 5E forum where most reports are going. I'll take a look at those.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; Today at 17:30.

@Lo Zeno,
    A fix has been pushed for the choice error on the Background ASI. I wasn't able to recreate second item, but I added a check to keep the script error from happening if that call happens in Level Up again. Please run a new Check for Updates to get the latest version.

Regards,
    JPG

@Moon Wizard
    The ASI error is fixed, and the error appearing when trying to LVL UP is not happening anymore (I guess they were connected? Possibly); there's still an issue with the paladin's fighting style though: when I try to Level Up from level 1 to 2, the Fighting Style option doesn't let me choose if I want a fighting style OR the blessed warrior option:
    PaladinFightingStyle.png
    It works fine if I do drag&drop instead:
    PaladinFightingStyleDragAndDrop.png

Yes, that's something that we are working on now. There are several class "feature choices" that were added to the PHB classes in 2024. We already have it working for drag and drop; and Dominic is currently working on that capability for the CW.

Regards,
    JPG

Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415

Thread Information