5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    In the "Initiative" radial menu on the Combat Tracker, the old option "Roll NPC Initiatives" now has the same mouseover text as "Roll All Initiatives." The actual button works correctly when selected so it's just a labeling issue.

Alert feat bug

Just to be clear, I don't have the PHB yet, but found this bug using the Free Rules, so assume it will be the same. I created a character with the Alert feat, one of its abilities is to add your proficiency bonus to Initiative rolls. However, when I roll Initiative, it only adds my Dex bonus, not the Proficiency bonus(+2). It appaers that the Alert feat should activate the "Proficiency" check on the Init calculation, similar to the Armor Proficiency check.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just pushed a few updates to fix a few items reported here, as well as some other items I fixed:
    • [CoreRPG] Incorrect label on CT menu radial item for Roll NPC Initiatives. Fixed.
    • [5E] CW feature sections auto-expand initially when selections outstanding.
    • [5E] CW feature sections auto-collapse after making last decision.
    • [5E] PC effect ability tags resolving to score, instead of bonus. Fixed.
    • [5E] CW feat selections not being saved. Fixed.
    • [5E] Longer damage strings on PC weapons not displaying full string. Fixed.
    • [5E] Drag and drop of Legacy Monk class asked for 0 tool proficiency selections. Fixed.

I found a bug when creating a Druid character:
    no extensions loaded, no modules, just the new 2024 PHB; when creating a Druid, the Character Wizard doesn't ask which option of Primal Order the player wants (Magician or Warden), instead it applies automatically the Warden option (adds proficiency with Martial weapons and Medium armor).

When using the drag-and-drop method, FGU doesn't ask for which option is chosen either; but manually dragging the Primal Order feature from the class to the character does show the pop-up to choose between Magician and Warden.

[EDIT] My bad, disregard this: I didn't notice it was already reported.

When you change the version of an existing NPC spellcaster to 2024, it doesn't update their spell descriptions to the 2024 versions.

Ok, this one I think hasn't been reported yet: this happens to me with no extensions loaded and only the new PHB loaded.

Using the character wizard, trying to create a Druid or a Paladin (I haven't seen it happen with other classes yet), after having selected the class options and spells for level 1, select the Noble background; when choosing whether you want 3 abilities +1, or One +2 and One +1, select the One +2 and One +1: the console shows the following error
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:charwizard/scripts/decision.lua"]:100: attempt to index global 'choice' (a nil value)
    The same error shows up again once selected an ability for the +2.

Now save the character, and try to level up using the character wizard again: as soon as the "level up" button in the character wizard is pressed, this error appears:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:..ripts/manager_charwizard_abilities.lua"]:45: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)
    It's possible to save the character at this point, but the options are not correctly shown (e.g. no option for the paladin to choose the fighting style). If instead of saving one decides to CANCEL and quit the character wizard, and try the LVL UP button in the character class/level box again, the character wizard appears, the same error appears again ([ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:..ripts/manager_charwizard_abilities.lua"]:45: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)) but the character wizard doesn't show any class feature anymore (and doesn't allow to select new spells either)

Video for clarity: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhU4e1ugaj2RhJNy...ATenA?e=CoKP8M

Quote Originally Posted by allenw01234 View Post
    When you change the version of an existing NPC spellcaster to 2024, it doesn't update their spell descriptions to the 2024 versions.
    It won't change the spell descriptions in a PC actions tab. When you add a spell to a character it's fixed since it's a copy of the spell. The change in version only affects what is displayed in the lists; so if you change the version in the spell list it will swap between the 2014 and 2024 versions of the spell; but it will have no other effect. If you change the version globally in options then all that does is change what is shown on the lists for NPCs, equipment, classes, species, backgrounds, spells, and any other lists that have the option.

Once you have added something to a character then it's fixed and the version option won't change that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't have the PHB yet, but found this bug using the Free Rules, so assume it will be the same. I created a character with the Alert feat, one of its abilities is to add your proficiency bonus to Initiative rolls. However, when I roll Initiative, it only adds my Dex bonus, not the Proficiency bonus(+2). It appaers that the Alert feat should activate the "Proficiency" check on the Init calculation, similar to the Armor Proficiency check.
    It's possible that this has been fixed since you reported it but I'm not seeing this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, but I'm talking about NPCs, not PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It won't change the spell descriptions in a PC actions tab. When you add a spell to a character it's fixed since it's a copy of the spell. The change in version only affects what is displayed in the lists; so if you change the version in the spell list it will swap between the 2014 and 2024 versions of the spell; but it will have no other effect. If you change the version globally in options then all that does is change what is shown on the lists for NPCs, equipment, classes, species, backgrounds, spells, and any other lists that have the option.

Once you have added something to a character then it's fixed and the version option won't change that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allenw01234 View Post
    Thanks, but I'm talking about NPCs, not PCs.
    This is also true about NPCs. Toggling the version from Legacy to 2024 or vice-versa just changes the display of how the NPC looks - primarily the stat block display. It doesn't automatically change any values or relink any data records.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread Information