DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Hey,

Just to warn you but since the recent update of the 5e 2024 ruleset, your expansion no longer works. (I test with only your extension)

When adding NPCs to the CT, the names, effects, attacks and damage no longer appear in the NPC list (see image).
    Capture.PNG
    Do you think you can fix this please?

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    Hey,

Just to warn you but since the recent update of the 5e 2024 ruleset, your expansion no longer works. (I test with only your extension)

When adding NPCs to the CT, the names, effects, attacks and damage no longer appear in the NPC list (see image).
    Capture.PNG
    Do you think you can fix this please?

Thank you,
    Hello! I don't plan to support the updated version of the 5e ruleset that merged 2014 and 2024 into one ruleset. All my extensions are personal ones that I happen to share with this forum, and since I don't plan on updating the to the new version of the ruleset myself, I don't want to go through the effort of rewriting it to support a version I won't be using, especially given the inevitable onslaught of extension-breaking updates coming in the next few months as more of the source books release.

If anyone else is willing to update the extension, they're welcome to post any updated versions here in this thread. All my extensions are unencrypted, so you're welcome to unzip them and have a crack at updating them yourselves. I'll update the forge accordingly.
    Last edited by GEONE; Yesterday at 08:42. Reason: Clarification on what I meant by 'new version'

Thank you for your quick response and I understand it (I don't think I used the 2024 rules either).

However, it is possible that I expressed myself badly because it is not a new 5E 2024 ruleset because FGU directly merged the 2 versions of D&D 5E into a single ruleset. It is then up to the GMs to choose in-game whether they prefer to have the NPC character sheets with the legacy or 2024 version.

In the case of the screenshot sent, the NPC remained in the Legacy version. As a result, your expansion has become completely unusable (it doesn't matter whether the GM wants to play with the legacy or 2024 rules).

Just reinforcing the message above - the base 5th Edition use of this extension no longer exists because 5th Edition and 2024-5th Edition are both contained within the 5th Edition ruleset (a choice I wish they hadn't made) and so the changes to sheets and such are affecting existing 5E sheets as well. Though you may not want to support 2024 (which, fair!), I hope you'll update the extension to work for those of us who use it for 5th Edition games.

I haven't updated the 5e ruleset on my computer yet (to the 'dual' version of the ruleset) and I don't plan to because of the above reasons, so I can't fix the extension to be compatible with it because I don't have the updated ruleset to understand what needs to be fixed to make it compatible. I have no spite against the 2024 version, I just don't want to personally use it and I don't want to go through the pain of figuring out which extensions that I rely on in my campaigns will be broken by the updates. I'm content with the current version of the ruleset I'm using. I'm very sorry for the disappointment, I just can't keep up with the constant updates and I like the stability and predictability of sticking to a singular version. I was really hoping the release of the 2024 rulebooks would mark a stability point in the 5e ruleset so I could use it as a sort of permanent stable release for extension-making, but I am frustrated that this was not the direction SW decided to pursue.
    Last edited by GEONE; Yesterday at 08:53.

I propose an update of the extension to correct following the update of the ruleset of 5E.
    Hoping that it works for everyone.

If it is the case, is GEONE possible to add it on the forge after verification on your part?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    I propose an update of the extension to correct following the update of the ruleset of 5E.
    Hoping that it works for everyone.

If it is the case, is GEONE possible to add it on the forge after verification on your part?
    Big thanks! I've updated the forge.

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread Information