Starfinder Playlist

Why is the border so wide?

So, this is now a thing; the border supersized itself. I cannot figure out how to undo it, and it's eating up screen space. Suggestions?

Screenshot 2024-09-17 222233.png

Edit: Border means where it says "Fantasy Grounds"
    Last edited by Kai Lae; Yesterday at 06:24.

Are you running FG maximized? Try expanding the window with the maximize window button. Middle button on the left corner on a Mac or next to the X button on the left corner for Windows. Could try changing your desktop resolution for a minute then back to your normal resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Viepyr View Post
    Are you running FG maximized? Try expanding the window with the maximize window button. Middle button on the left corner on a Mac or next to the X button on the left corner for Windows. Could try changing your desktop resolution for a minute then back to your normal resolution.
    The border looks identical if FGU is windowed, or maximized. I changed the resolution for ~15 seconds (do you want to keep this change, counts down from 15) and no effect.

Should mention that I have an ultrawide display and the resolution is 2560*1080.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That is a Decal? Decals never fill the screen.
    That's literally the windows border which has blown itself up to 3 to 4x the size before I updated the software. For comparison, here's a screenshot from before:

Screenshot 2024-09-18 002126.png

Nothing has changed in the main application in the last month; and the size of that bar is controlled by Windows and the Unity game engine. Again, the application (and thus the Unity engine) have not changed in the last month.

Did you change any settings in the shortcut you use to start FG to change display resolution (or just check that none of the "compatibility" settings have been turned on somehow)?
    Are you using any command line arguments in the FG shortcut to modify Unity display behaviors?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Lae View Post
    I changed the resolution for ~15 seconds (do you want to keep this change, counts down from 15) and no effect.
    The window title bar appearing larger is probably an artefact of this process. Try rebooting your computer to reset the graphics, if that doesn't help run through the process you did to see if this changes it back. Also check what Scaling Windows is set to for your display - is it 100% or something else?
    Last edited by Trenloe; Yesterday at 15:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Either a reboot or a FGU software update has fixed this issue it seems.

Thread Information