Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Moving Characters to Archetypes Window

I purchased one of the Kickstarter packages for Deadlands: The Weird West. I have also purchased the main modules in Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU), the Weird West Marshall and Players Guides. I have been creating the Archetypes from the PDFs from PEG in the CHARACTER SELECTION window. I just noticed the ARCHETYPES button, and I see that is where I should have created these characters.

My question is, is there some way to move them from the CHARACTER windows to the ARCHETYPES window. I tried Drag-n-Drop, which did not work. If I exported all of these pregen characters as a module, can I make it an ARCHETYPES module, or is there some way to edit the db.xml to make them ARCHETYPES without having to completely recreate them?

There's no way in-game to convert a character to an archetype.

You can do this manually.
    Close the campaign. Open the campaign's db.xml in a text editor. Create a a top level node
    Code:
    <pregen>
    Copy (or move) the character you want from the
    Code:
    <charsheet>
    node into it.
    Save the file then start your campaign.

I haven't experimented with this, so I don't know if there will be any side effects.
    Also, make sure you back up your db.xml before you do this.
    Lastly, if it messes up your game, I never told you to do this, and you never saw me.

That's hilarious. I'm going to give it a try. I have the entire campaign backed up in 17 different locations. Thanks for the suggestion.

This functionality has been (re)added. It will be in the Test channel within the next day or two and will be in the full release of the SWADE ruleset.
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

Thread Information