5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 27 of 28 First ... 1725262728 Last
    Was trying to create a new heritage, but not understanding where heritage gifts and paragon gifts are stored at or created at to be linked in the heritage. Traits are easy, the others.... ???

Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    Was trying to create a new heritage, but not understanding where heritage gifts and paragon gifts are stored at or created at to be linked in the heritage. Traits are easy, the others.... ???

Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe they exist within the heritage record only, similar to class features in 5E. There isn’t a campaign library (linked from the sidebar) for those, but you should be able to drag them between heritage records if you want to copy anything directly.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I believe they exist within the heritage record only, similar to class features in 5E. There isn’t a campaign library (linked from the sidebar) for those, but you should be able to drag them between heritage records if you want to copy anything directly.
    If the new heritage only has a few gifts then you can just copy an existing record and change it and it works fine. I was putting in the Dreamborn and it has 10 possible gifts. What I ended up doing was creating a Heritage called "Extra Traits" and putting them in there, then drag and drop to the Dreamborn Heritage where they are needed, that way they don't get added automatically but can be pulled from the race to the character sheet when selected.

Won't give a popup but it does get the job done, unless someone else has a way of doing it for Gifts, and Paragons that don't already exist.

Just a heads up, this extension is throwing an error with the latest test build of FG and the 5e ruleset.

error.jpg

Any plans on getting this to work after the 2024 update? Errors all over the action tab.

I'll contact the extension author.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just pushed an update to that DLC extension that fixes the errors I saw on the Notes and Inventory tabs. Please run a new Check for Updates; and let us know if you see anything further.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just pushed an update to that DLC extension that fixes the errors I saw on the Notes and Inventory tabs. Please run a new Check for Updates; and let us know if you see anything further.

Regards,
    JPG
    A cascade of errors when you open a NPC sheet.

a5eerror.jpg

Also clicking on any ability on the action tab brings up errors as well.
    Last edited by bwatford; Yesterday at 05:40.

Thanks for reporting. I have no specifics on what the extension changes without spending a bunch of time reading and understanding their code; so I apologize that you have to point me at the issues as you find them. I haven't heard from the DLC developers at this point. Mostly focused on the main 5E changes for D&D 2024; but I'll try to look at this tomorrow as well. Detailed steps on how to get errors helps.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for your time Moon.

For the NPC errors, they happen as soon as you open an NPC record.

On the action tab, you can click on the information link for a spell, or ability, or anything in the spell/power section and it throws the errors up immediately. Doesn't matter what you open, you get them.

It does seem that most of what I have seen are contentanchor errors.

Page 27 of 28 First ... 1725262728 Last

Thread Information