5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Ift: Custom()

Ift: Custom()

I gave my players a sword that does extra damage to mages

I give any mage the effect:
    Mage;

My player has the following effect and it never triggers when targeting a creature with the Mage effect
    IFT: CUSTOM(Mage); DMG: 1; ATK: 1

If I put the Mage effect on my player and change player effect to the following it works:
    IF: CUSTOM(Mage); DMG: 1; ATK: 1

Am I missing something or is IFT: CUSTOM() not working as intended?

I use IFT for Warlock hexes and Hunters Mark all the time. Has been working fine as of this past Wednesday in FGU. Often a problem can creep in with an extra space being placed somewhere, so maybe double check for that.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I use IFT for Warlock hexes and Hunters Mark all the time. Has been working fine as of this past Wednesday in FGU. Often a problem can creep in with an extra space being placed somewhere, so maybe double check for that.
    IFT works as intended if I used DMG or ADVATK but I can't get it to correctly apply any ATK bonus.

Works for ADVATK, DISATK, DMG but not ATK

ATK effects don't change the modifier to the dice roll, but are used in the to hit calculation. You can see if effects are used, they'll be indicated in the attack result string - for example, [Effects +1]
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah there we go, I see it now. Working as intended of course, just user error.. Thank you

For what it's worth, I came across this same problem in Starfinder, but I found......

IFT:CUSTOM(Tricked);DMG:1d8;ATK:2
    works as intended, but

IFT:CUSTOM(Tricked);ATK:2;DMG:1d8
    applies the damage modifier but not the attack roll modifier.
    Last edited by themonster; September 17th, 2024 at 09:13.

Quote Originally Posted by themonster View Post
    For what it's worth, I came across this same problem in Starfinder, but I found......

IFT:CUSTOM(Tricked);DMG:1d8;ATK:2
    works as intended, but

IFT:CUSTOM(Tricked);ATK:2;DMG:1d8
    applies the damage modifier but not the attack roll modifier.
    This thread is over three years old, so if you're having any issues it's best to start a new thread.

In this case, your example works fine for me:

If you're still having issues, do the usual first troubleshooting test of trying in a campaign with no extensions loaded. If you're still having issues then please start a new thread in the Starfinder forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information