DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Failure to Load Campaigns

Greetings,

I recently had to send my primary system back for warranty service.

While it was away, I used my Fantasy Grounds Unity directory on One Drive from my older system.

Now that the primary is back, I've synced all of the files on One Drive (always keep on this device).

FGU starts up fine, and even correctly does an Update, but when I select a campaign to open, I get the errors in the attached log output.

It seems like it's having trouble copying the campaign database, or some such.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Thomas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Please show a screen shot of your directory folder with file sizes, dates, and file extensions shown.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you manually copy and paste the campaigns into the correct directory (I assume you aren't using One Drive as your data directory, just as a back up).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Please show a screen shot of your directory folder with file sizes, dates, and file extensions shown.
    It would appear that One Drive on Windows 11 doesn't quite report statuses accurately.

When I looked at the directories as you suggest, I see that many of the files are not yet synced, even though One Drive reported them as such.

I will continue to work with One Drive to get the files actually synced...I suspect that all will be well once I get there.

I'll bump this if I still have any issues.

-Thomas

Blog Entries
    Once they are synced, move your FG Data directory. Do not use an actively synced folder for your FG Data directory. There have been numerous reports of such resulting in corrupted campaign data. It may work flawlessly for weeks or months, but the risk of it becoming corrupt at some point is high.

You can use a synced folder as long as you de-activate the sync anytime that FG is running. Or you can use a batch file to make backups to a synced locations or turning your syncing on and off with FG start and stop.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There's a forum post linked in my sig that has an example of how to setup a batch file to automatically backup. Remember the 3-2-1 rule!

Thread Information