DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding Text to Maps/Images

Is there an easy way to do this? Either built in or an extension?

Specifically I'm looking for a good way to add GM-visible room labels to a map without needing a stamp or image for each bit of text.

It is not currently possible to add a text layer inside of FG; but it is on the way. Meantime you can create a webp file outside of FG, in Photoshop for example, with whatever text or icons you want and add that as a layer to the map inside FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It is not currently possible to add a text layer inside of FG; but it is on the way. Meantime you can create a webp file outside of FG, in Photoshop for example, with whatever text or icons you want and add that as a layer to the map inside FG.
    Any updates on this becoming a feature? It'd be a fantastic option to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broba Fett View Post
    Any updates on this becoming a feature? It'd be a fantastic option to have.
    No update as yet (SW don't usually give out time frames or road maps). The main focus recently has been updating the 5e ruleset for the upcoming new release.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I regularly add text to my maps when playing Kingmaker. So it is possible now.

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Blog Entries
    We have a version in our development branch that allows us to draw text of different sizes to a map and then move them around, change them, style them, or resize them. It is still in internal testing and there are a few additional things that need to be worked out for it. We are loosely targeting a release during Q4 of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    I regularly add text to my maps when playing Kingmaker. So it is possible now.
    Do you mean pins for story entries and what not? I tried looking for a text option and didn't see it anywhere. Mind you, I'm using the 5e and Shadowdark rulesets, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We have a version in our development branch that allows us to draw text of different sizes to a map and then move them around, change them, style them, or resize them. It is still in internal testing and there are a few additional things that need to be worked out for it. We are loosely targeting a release during Q4 of this year.
    Awesome news, thank you very much.

Well, i make them as pictures, and stamp them in on a layer.

Link

/Honken

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    Well, i make them as pictures, and stamp them in on a layer.

Link

/Honken
    Wow, that's something so obvious I that I forgot you can do that. Thank you for reminding me lol.

Thread Information