5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Fantasy Grounds with Discord in Background

My wife has been having an issue with discord whenever FG is in the forefront of her OS desktop (windows 11). When FG is up she cannot hear sound in the Discord voice channel, nor can we hear her. Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Draykor View Post
    My wife has been having an issue with discord whenever FG is in the forefront of her OS desktop (windows 11). When FG is up she cannot hear sound in the Discord voice channel, nor can we hear her. Has anybody else experienced this issue?
    Sound issues are typical at game startup. I have yet to see where it is not the local machines problem that gets resolved by...

1) Mute left on mic/headphone/or discord.
    2) Cat knocked USB out of socket of headphone.
    3) Setup of windows mic/sound was messed up by some download or some other app and had to be resetup.

This happens to someone at the start of almost every game and is resolved by them in first 5 min.

Though if you are seeing FGU come up and block her discord entirely every time its up (with no mute indicator next to her name in discord channel) - and is fine every time FGU is down - then I'm thinking that is more some local conflict. Which I've never seen.

Best I can suggest is uninstalling FGU from her machine completely - reboot it - reinstall it paying attention to any windows "allow" screens that pop up and insure they are accepted.

Hopefully, someone else can give you more specific advice having seen something similar before.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    I do remember long ago that their was an issue for some users that it depended upon which order FG and Discord were started. Whichever order she is using, have her try doing it in the other order.
    Also I had a player this week who was using Discord beta and had an issue and had to update it to the latest beta version.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When I am running my game on FG I almost always have Discord open and often have a voice channel open also. We never have an issue with lacking sound.

It is the opposite of people telling me to mute because I am typing too loudly.

One thing that might make a difference (I doubt it but just in case) what level does the server you use have for streaming/sound? The ones I use are all level 2 for the HD streaming.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Try running Discord as administrator. I've had this in my games for years, running as Admin has helped in the past when it crops up.

Apparently, not only does this happen if the other program is running as admin, but also when programs are opend before Discord - so running it as Admin is a great start since it helps several issues with the PTT not working.
    Last edited by srbongo; September 14th, 2024 at 13:08.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Opening Discord first and not minimizing worked. Next step is trying to figure out how to also get Syrinscape to work at the same time. My guess there is crappy cheap laptop with crappy cheap onboard sound

Thread Information