5E Character Create Playlist

is there an easier way to make stuff for FGU, specifically Pathfinder 1e?

I want to make an extension for PFRPG1e for Spheres. Yes this is a Huge project, but i have the time to dedicate to it. my question is this. i am a noob to coding at all, so where would be the best place to start learning how to make stuff for FGU? i have looked at the developer guide and several other places but i don't understand what i am doing. i also don't know what files link to others and what not so i feel i need to go back to the basics. any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    You might find this useful.
    You will need those resources you mention but if you want a basic walk through of the process to help you visualize things this might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Cu...668LyJXmfk25Yv

Blog Entries
    I would suggest you start by creating a very simple extension. Something like a theme what changes text fonts or colors only. Or something that adds a tab to a character sheet with a notes field.
    Even though you may not need these for your final extension, it will teach you the process of extracting, coding, layering and zipping/renaming the extension.
    You may wish to invest in RSW Ruleset Wizard - The new Ruleset development environment (fantasygrounds.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@LordEntrails i am waiting until the first to get ruleset wizard.

@Damned i watched your vidoe and helpped somewhat but i was not able to get the same result. by the time you got the fields to show up i was not. i had paused the screen and entered the code just like you had it and stil did not get the extra fields.

Blog Entries
    OK so you need to get setup correctly at the start.
    Make sure your Extension is showing up in the Extensions list and that you have selected it in your game.

What exactly are you trying to add?

i can get the extension in the right place. i can set up the folders correctly. the biggest trouble i am having is figuring out what files i need to change to add the following:

i want to add a tab to the pfrpg sheet for spheres.
    on this tab i would like three columns that can have an expanding list of names of the spheres, the link field, an option to add and remove spheres by the player, and a cast button with a linked effect.

the second thing i want to add is a section on the sidebar geared for spheres content only. this would include items, feats, the base spheres and their talents, classes and prestige classes.

the final thing i want to add is a library of all content separated by type(item, feat, base sphere, talent, class, and prestige class). this one is going to be a long process as i will need a library for each type.

i originally thought that while it would take a long time it would be simple to understand. i wish there were a simple document that tells us what files link where in order to do things. for example, say i just want to add a tabe for additional notes. i would like to see a document that shows each step, what files will be needed to make that happen, and what files need to link to other files and what files they are linking to. but i am considering myself newer than a noob...lol. i like the vtt i just find making things for it hard.

Thread Information