DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by devinlc View Post
    Any advice? Should I do a full reinstall of FGU?

I wonder why it is looking for that control in my version but not yours.

Devin
    Pushed a hotfix for this issue
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Pushed a hotfix for this issue
    OK. Thanks!

Devin

Are there any plans on implementing all of the optional rules and the ability of removing certain skills based on the setting? As is, this program is not really usable unless you are running a game that includes all skills and has a setting that incorporates everything from primitive societies and superheros to space opera. There is no option to add cultures/races and other things one would think a toolkit rpg would allow the user to make changes in game without having to nearly rewrite the code for the game. Truthfully, it would be best to just drop BRP and do a separate ruleset for all of the other games you do that are setting specific, like what was done with CoC.

It has been my experience, unless the game allows you get rid of stuff not used that the players will just cry that they are not being allowed to do something that is present in the currently available to them in the game through FG. It also makes it near impossible to track which rules you are using and which ones you are not. Most likely, FG is just not a good fit for a game that includes everything so that the GM can create their own set of rules for a specific setting but doesn't actually allow you to clearly implement those changes.

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    Are there any plans on implementing all of the optional rules and the ability of removing certain skills based on the setting?
    See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...out-skill-data

Blog Entries
    We don't currently have any plans to add skill filtering by the GM for BRP. That does sound like it would be a useful extension if someone wanted to put one up on the Forge. It looks like the extension peterb build for RuneQuest is exactly what you are wanting to do. Perhaps he can share his work with you and you can edit it for your needs.

Reseting "initiative"

When I use the "reset initiative" button in the CT I get an error "[9/15/2024 4:07:48 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Basic Roleplaying:ct/scripts/ct_menu.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'list' (a nil value)". I have four NPC's in the CT.

The code in question is this:
    Code:
    for _,v in ipairs(window.list.getWindows()) do
    I'm guessing that this code is deprecaded? Should it be a DB call instead?

Btw I reproduced the error running a vanilla campaign. I use:
    [9/15/2024 4:04:07 PM] Fantasy Grounds - v4.5.10 ULTIMATE (2024-08-20)
    [9/15/2024 4:04:07 PM] RULESET: Basic Roleplaying: the Chaosium Roleplaying System (2024-09-04) Copyright 2024 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [9/15/2024 4:04:07 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2024-08-27) for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2024 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Pushed a hotfix for this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks!

Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637

Thread Information