GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    My build tool didn't pull some things into the archive... lemme fix that up real quick. Sorry about that.

Edit: Ok, should be good with v3.17 on the Forge. Lemme know if you have more issues with it.
    3.17 looks to be working now. Thanks for the quick fix! I am glad I could help.

Hi. Very nice extension, by the way. I'm just wondering if you have plans to automate the new way to "stealth" in 5e 2024? Here is a link to the 2024 free rules for reference:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/dn...ary#HideAction

Quote Originally Posted by Farratto View Post
    Hi. Very nice extension, by the way. I'm just wondering if you have plans to automate the new way to "stealth" in 5e 2024? Here is a link to the 2024 free rules for reference:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/dn...ary#HideAction
    That is a great question. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it.

Based on those rules, it looks like it's resolved when the actor takes the Hide action. So Stealth Tracker might not even be necessary with the new ruleset. I'll keep thinking about it and do whatever makes the most sense for the new rules. Thanks again for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Based on those rules, it looks like it's resolved when the actor takes the Hide action. So Stealth Tracker might not even be necessary with the new ruleset. I'll keep thinking about it and do whatever makes the most sense for the new rules. Thanks again for bringing it up.
    I was thinking your existing code could still help quite a bit. Although the initial hide action is just a DC15 Stealth check, the stealth roll outcome is still saved and used as a DC for perception checks for creatures trying to "find" the hidden creature. That is actually quite similar to 2014.

Maybe adding a feature for convenience that would give the invisible condition upon rolling a stealth check 15 or higher? I don't know how hard that would be to add.

What do you think?

Yeah, I could see the usefulness still. And I could add the Invisible effect if the new ruleset doesn't do that automagically somehow.

And don't forget about the folks who won't actually update to 2024 for various reasons. So the functionality they enjoy today would be desirable going forward, but you'd still want to test things against Test to see if anything gets impacted as is. Not sure if there will be a real way to check against 2014 vs 2024 module\rules being used, so might even be something to look at an options toggle because I would imagine you will use one version or the other, not both. Fantasy Grounds looks to be settling on using 2024 or Legacy between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    And don't forget about the folks who won't actually update to 2024 for various reasons. So the functionality they enjoy today would be desirable going forward, but you'd still want to test things against Test to see if anything gets impacted as is. Not sure if there will be a real way to check against 2014 vs 2024 module\rules being used, so might even be something to look at an options toggle because I would imagine you will use one version or the other, not both. Fantasy Grounds looks to be settling on using 2024 or Legacy between the two.
    Yep, sounds good. I'll make sure that it works for 5e players. Thanks for the input.

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Thread Information