Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 59 of 59 First ... 949575859
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    No. One or the other
    Thank thee very kindly for the quick response. Trying to cut down on my load times
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

And if you have BCEG, no reason to use BCE anymore, it's BCE+

Is there a way to automate the following?

"Shaksura has advantage on bite attacks against any creature that doesn't have all its hit points."

I know this works: [EFFECT] Blood Frenzy; IFT: wounded; ADVATK: melee; (A:ROLL); (S:RTS)

Is there any way to specify a specifically named attack... I don't want advantage on claw attacks, only bite... both are melee.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Is there a way to automate the following?

"Shaksura has advantage on bite attacks against any creature that doesn't have all its hit points."

I know this works: [EFFECT] Blood Frenzy; IFT: wounded; ADVATK: melee; (A:ROLL); (S:RTS)

Is there any way to specify a specifically named attack... I don't want advantage on claw attacks, only bite... both are melee.
    You aren't going to be able to get that level of granularity. You may however, with another extension, be able to define claw and bite as weapons, add those weapons to the NPC. Add a property to the weapon, and key off that with the WEAPON conditional operator, but that seems way more work than just remembering to click the adv button when needed.

It is an NPC that has joined the party and it's worth my effort to automate it if possible.

I'm not sure I understand the method of keying off the WEAPON conditional operator... but I tried the following, which seemed promising:

I have created an Item: "Shark Bite (Hybrid Form Only)" with Effect Feature: "Blood Frenzy; IFT: WOUNDED; ADVATK" with "ActionOnly" checked and equipped it...

The action is added to the NPC and the effect is automatically applied when equipped.

Unfortunately with "ActionOnly" checked, it doesn't seem to process the effect. If I uncheck it, it does process it, but for all attacks (including claw which is what I'm trying to avoid).

So I guess it seems like "ActionOnly" doesn't work, or I don't understand how it works.

Tested with only the following loaded (same result as with 100 extensions loaded):

Advanced Effects
    BCEG
    Theme: Hearth
    5E - Combat Groups FGU
    5E (and more) - Equipped Effects FGU
    5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    It is an NPC that has joined the party and it's worth my effort to automate it if possible.

I'm not sure I understand the method of keying off the WEAPON conditional operator... but I tried the following, which seemed promising:

I have created an Item: "Shark Bite (Hybrid Form Only)" with Effect Feature: "Blood Frenzy; IFT: WOUNDED; ADVATK" with "ActionOnly" checked and equipped it...

The action is added to the NPC and the effect is automatically applied when equipped.

Unfortunately with "ActionOnly" checked, it doesn't seem to process the effect. If I uncheck it, it does process it, but for all attacks (including claw which is what I'm trying to avoid).

So I guess it seems like "ActionOnly" doesn't work, or I don't understand how it works.

Tested with only the following loaded (same result as with 100 extensions loaded):

Advanced Effects
    BCEG
    Theme: Hearth
    5E - Combat Groups FGU
    5E (and more) - Equipped Effects FGU
    5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU
    I'm not sure that would work, or at least I've never tested NPCs with weapons with Action Only. Probably a simple enough fix in AE but I don't know if that data is passed down. But I think if you put in the bite weapon property "blood frenzy" and used IF: WEAPON(blood frenzy); that might do it.

Hmmm... doesn't seem to work... even removing the IFT: WOUNDED for now...

Screenshot 2024-09-10 122301.png

Hmm that is probably a no then currently. I'll take a look at it when I have time as something like this shouldn't be too serious. Bit buried in 2024 though right now

I'm trying to code an effect in the Hideous Laughter spell: "At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it's triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends."

My coding: Laughing; Incapacitated; SAVEE: WIS (R); SAVEONDMG: WIS (R); (C)
    What I don't know is how to add a ADVSAV effect inside the SAVEONDMG so that that save, but not the end of turn save, is rolled at advantage. Because it's triggered by damage, the manual ADV button isn't the best flow for this.
    Last edited by ColoradoGM; Today at 07:34.

Page 59 of 59 First ... 949575859

Thread Information