Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

I'd like to do these things. Are any possible?

1. I'd like to modify the Wild Die that's rolled for all actors, friend or foe. Short of that, I'd like to be able to discern what the wild die result was in the chat.
    2. Even better, I'd like to code into an ability's effects that a certain thing occurs based on the wild die. For instance, if the wild die rolls a 6, damage is +1d6.
    3. I'd like to be able to use custom dice for specific PCs. Ideally for specific ROLLS of specific PCs but I doubt that's possible. I'm running a solo game and having different dice for each character would make things more interesting for my eyes to follow.

Are any of these possible...?

1) First thing that comes to mind is setting global effects to remap the wild die for each trait type. Not sure you can do it universally across the board; this way would cover everything except for unskilled I think. You'd need to set up effects similar to as follows [Agility> = 4wd], [Strength> =4wd] etc. that would change the wild die for the base attribute roll and any skill based on that attribute.
    2) Applying conditional actions that happen automatically based on a result would probably require an extension.
    3) Need to test if this works for GM vs Player and/or in Savage Worlds, but in some rulesets I know you can do this. [Edit, you need to be a player to do it, but you can log into your own game]
    Last edited by Arsilon; September 9th, 2024 at 20:54.

Interesting, I didn't even realize global settings were a thing that existed! And how would I dictate which skin is used for the Wild Die? (Sorry, I'm still pretty new to FGU, so basic stuff is eluding me.)

Top right you should see something under tools that looks like a d20 (or the FG logo). Oh and thats for all die skins.

I forgot to answer your question on specific visibility on the trait die vs. the wild die. I know there was some consideration on whether or not to make that a core option...I don't recall if they decided they wanted to pull it in.

Either way, there's an extension that will display the individual trait vs. wild die result in the chat window with each roll...

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/196/view

Oh and here's the page on the wiki that talks about what the coding is to change wild die (among other things)

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Worlds+Effects

Many thanks! I'll look into both options.

Aha, this is indeed for all dice... Is there any way I can specifically skin the wild die to a different skin?

Quote Originally Posted by lordcamelot View Post
    Aha, this is indeed for all dice... Is there any way I can specifically skin the wild die to a different skin?
    Nope, it should also be noted that each player needs to buy custom dice to use them, the GM cannot specify dice for a player. You can use rdx, gdx and bdx to roll coloured dice but the dice are not coloured as they roll just in chat.

e.g. type the following in chat /die 1d4+1b6+1g8+1r12
    Last edited by Doswelk; September 10th, 2024 at 11:08.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

You can change the default color however. it’s just the skins that must be purchased separately

It should be noted that wild die is already shown as blue in chat after the roll.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information