DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

There's a way to block my players from damaging?

you see, i have a player who is hyoper active, and i can't let him be on the map without atacking every token (even friends) and opening every door, for the doors i been using secret doors to avoid him opening them, but time and time again he rolls a damage on a creature that he should not or a player, and then i need to find what was the HP of the creature or player before he did it.
    it's just an noyance, but i wanna know if there's a way to precent this damage to be accounted in the players HP

Blog Entries
    I don't think so, but you might check out the Trust Issues extension. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/104/view
    Also for LOS doors, you can 'lock' them (shift-click) so players can not open them.
    Good luck and kudos to you for putting up with the behavior.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but there is an option to have the DM approve token movement. That would stop them from wandering everywhere and opening doors.

Blog Entries
    For rolling damage, you can undo damage by right-clicking it dragging the negative value back onto the target. You really shouldn't have to do that though, since the player should be more respectful of the GM and the other players. I wouldn't tolerate anything in an online game that I wouldn't tolerate in an in-person game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Also for LOS doors, you can 'lock' them (shift-click) so players can not open them.
    Good luck and kudos to you for putting up with the behavior.
    I was not aware of that, that would help with my games.

As for the player rolling damage, you can also download MNM's extension that adds a button to the CT that removes all actions from memory for the current player, making them have to do everything all over again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    As for the player rolling damage, you can also download MNM's extension that adds a button to the CT that removes all actions from memory for the current player, making them have to do everything all over again.
    Not sure this would work in this case since it sounds like the disorderly player does stuff outside of their turn.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Not sure this would work in this case since it sounds like the disorderly player does stuff outside of their turn.
    Ah, that sounds like the banhammer needs to be used

Think you guys might be looking at the issue wrongly, as they are obviously trying to go out of their way NOT to kick this person, I would expect that the individual is probably challenged. I can imagine a lot of reasons for that not the least of which would be ADHD\OCD. It sounds like this is really an attempt to minimize the impact that has on things and to lessen their burden running the game.

MNM's extension to revert actions might be less disruptive for the other players in this regard, easier to get one player to redo something than have to change it from 10 other things.

Locking all of the doors before the players get to them will probably prevent some of the "surprises" at least.

Blog Entries
    That is what I "read" too - it doesnt mean that the behavior cant be modified - it might happen with a more firm response.
    Player obviously wants to play but also needs to learn to play with others and wait for their turn.

Thread Information