5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

what's better to make, a ruleset, an extension, or module?

i can't fit the whole question in the title. i would like to use a custom toolbar option that is similar to how the items and spells work for pathfinder RPG. i just want to know if creating this extra toolbar option would be a rulest, an extension, or a module. so what would be the better, a ruleset, an extension, or a module for spheres of power for pathfinder?
    Last edited by KnightAlpha; September 8th, 2024 at 17:35. Reason: spelling

Welcome to the FG forums.

This would be an extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick response. where would i find the best resources for creating an extension? i have looked around and had found several places but i am not sure which one i should use.

Refer to the FG Wiki developers guide: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide

You might also want to check out some of @damned's videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Cu...668LyJXmfk25Yv

I've moved this thread to the Workshop sub-forum as it's more appropriate here for asking questions regarding development in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you show me a screenshot of what/where you are trying to replicate ?

not really as i am just trying to add stuff to the sidebar so that i can add it to a pathfinder game. i can make a picture with drawings of what i want but that would take a bit and i don't want to waste your time. Trenloe has given me some resources but i ran into an error where a 3.5 script couldn't call a field called isPFRPG. i decided to dive more into the developer guid to learn more so that i can ask an intelligent question. i have found that just asking how to do something isn't the best way to go about this. i need to actually learn what i am doing.

do you still want a picture of what i would like to do?

If this is something you are going to be serious about, check out Ruleset Wizard. It is a paid product but extremely useful.
    Jason

i am definitely serious about this and am looking at purchasing the Ruleset Wizard as it seems to be the best way to do what i want with my current skill set.

thanks for reccomending it though, it is nice to know that others know of things. i found it through one of the videos that Trenloe linked me to and i explored from there.

Thread Information