DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by TheButterdragon View Post
    The Barbarian advancement section seems to have none of their abilities tied to it (ie granting them back detection, fighter bonus to health etc.).
    Please post this in the Barbarian handbook thread, it's not actually something I converted.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hello, I was talking to my brother about an old D&D character he had that had the Rod of Lordly Might, so I happened to go looking up what the differences were in the different editions of D&D. Then I stumbled upon a mistake in the transcription in the PDF file I have for the AD&D 2e DMG. It seems that while someone must have been typing it in, they skipped from the word 'length' to the next section and skipped the bit about it's ability to turn into a spear, and it mixes the description for button #2 (Battleaxe) with button #3 (spear).

Out of curiosity, I then loaded up Fantasy Grounds, and lo and behold, the exact same text is inserted for the Rod of Lordly Might there!

This is from the incorrect text box (in the PDF, and in FG)"
    battle axe +4 when button #2 is pushed. The sword blade springs forth, and the handle can be lengthened up to 12 feet, for an overall length of from 6 to 15 feet. In 15-foot length, the rod is suitable for use as a lance.
    This is the correct one from my physical DMG, pg 152:
    battle axe +4 when button #2 is pushed. Again, a blade springs forth at the ball, and the whole lengthens to a length of four feet.
    spear +3 when button #3 is pushed. The sword blade springs forth, and the handle can be lengthened up to 12 feet, for an overall length of from 6 feet to 15 feet. In 15-foot length, the rod is suitable for use as a lance.
    The hilarious thing is, I almost did the exact same thing while typing it in...

I've updated the description per the latest DMG entry I have that looks correct to me. I'll have to pull out my 1990s era version at some point to see if its messed up there (for hardcopy I use the 2012ish reprint).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset FGU Reference Module, or Web.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Here is a screenshot of the version purchased from DriveThruRPG. Published May 2013.
    Screenshot from 2024-09-16 19-52-31.png

Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Thread Information