Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    As I proceed in my new campaign I create a character wizard (modified by AdvantagesCW of course) and insure that it displays only one class choice for me to select - also insure if I have a local defined class that has the module priority (which is a thing as there can only be one selection for my players in a given campaign). All that is preamble to just show what I was doing... Selecting Wizard as a character class in character wizard and getting this error...

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:scripts/manager_char_build.lua"]:289: attempt to index global 'sText' (a nil value)

Which is nothing to do with my overrides (or should not have anything to do with them as they work in LIVE just fine and this is not my code). The AdvantagesCW overrides the list generated for class/etc. choices so there is only one choice based on module priorities so should not be impacting this at all.

[Plus just for chuckles I tried it without my extensions and got same error - no shocker there]
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I figure the only way I'm going to figure out what TEST has blown away (or any past TEST stuff I've missed which is not unheard of) is to create a campaign of all my normal stuff I use from scratch and test it out like I'm building a new campaign with all that involves.

So, first thing I encountered is this weirdness. Created campaign, made sure my bazillion of options are what I usually have set, added in my 5E usual modules and supplemental modules and map modules, went in to pick my favorite test map and... what the hell are those first two entries in those modules?

Attachment 61895
    Those look like empty image records from those modules. If a clean/fresh load of the module produces them, then that is not related to the 5e update and an issue with the module. They would need to either be removed or updated by the module creator

As I proceed in my new campaign I create a character wizard (modified by AdvantagesCW of course) and insure that it displays only one class choice for me to select - also insure if I have a local defined class that has the module priority (which is a thing as there can only be one selection for my players in a given campaign). All that is preamble to just show what I was doing... Selecting Wizard as a character class in character wizard and getting this error...

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5E:scripts/manager_char_build.lua"]:289: attempt to index global 'sText' (a nil value)

Which is nothing to do with my overrides (or should not have anything to do with them as they work in LIVE just fine and this is not my code). The AdvantagesCW overrides the list generated for class/etc. choices so there is only one choice based on module priorities so should not be impacting this at all.

[Plus just for chuckles I tried it without my extensions and got same error - no shocker there]
    The character wizard is still being worked on and is expected to not be working at this point. I am focusing on that feature myself and will be pushing an update once I have it ready.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Those look like empty image records from those modules. If a clean/fresh load of the module produces them, then that is not related to the 5e update and an issue with the module. They would need to either be removed or updated by the module creator
    Did you look at the modules? Those are the FGU WOTC modules if I'm not mistaken that I bought from SW.

That is you guys. Consider yourselves notified.

No, this is not the proper place for module reports as non-SmiteWorks employees convert modules and we direct them to monitor bug report threads for the ruleset.

I would place a report in this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(2024)/page25
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I'll leave that for someone else then I've got enough running through all this TEST stuff spending hours finding stuff that I should really not have to be finding. These entries I noted as a favor in case it was related to TEST, but I have intention of wasting time reporting in multiple threads as I run through TEST stuff on the chance its not directly related to TEST which I would have no way of knowing.

Currently I just got wacked by another aspect of Generic Actions buttons anchor point being changed - w.actions.subwindow.contents reference no longer works so I have to go find out what is going on with that UI change and find out what the correct reference is through trial and error.

Someone else can deal with reporting elsewhere as my patience is at the thin edge already going above and beyond in reporting stuff I run into and spending time delving into what now is busted.

I'll leave that for someone else then I've got enough running through all this TEST stuff spending hours finding stuff that I should really not have to be finding. These entries I noted as a favor in case it was related to TEST, but I have intention of wasting time reporting in multiple threads as I run through TEST stuff on the chance its not directly related to TEST which I would have no way of knowing.

Currently I just got wacked by another aspect of Generic Actions buttons anchor point being changed - w.actions.subwindow.contents reference no longer works so I have to go find out what is going on with that UI change and find out what the correct reference is through trial and error.

Someone else can deal with reporting elsewhere as my patience is at the thin edge already going above and beyond in reporting stuff I run into and spending time delving into what now is busted.
    They are mistakes. Which you can report in the normal way.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ARRRGHGHGHHHH!!!!

So latest blow up was because that somewhere (no idea where and don't intend on digging further) the previous reference of w.actions.subwindow.contents was changed to w.actions.subwindow.content...

Anyone doing references like this may want to keep their eye out as a critical need to change "contents" to "content" has come into TEST - though I can see other places still use contents - for now.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 6th, 2024 at 20:15.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Whingeing aside - Smiteworks maybe you could publish a list of the changes so SilentRuin, Damned and other actual extension/ruleset developers have a point of reference to work with.

So if something has been replaced or renamed, they don't have to hunt for it.
    You could take the commentary in whatever way you choose.

Affected people have various options including -

carry on "whingeing"
    start sniping about FG/SW
    voice their opinions because they care about the FG/SW platform and want it to succeed
    stop developing
    move platforms

Im no longer angry, moved past that, just sad now.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yep
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You could take the commentary in whatever way you choose.

Affected people have various options including -

carry on "whingeing"
    start sniping about FG/SW
    voice their opinions because they care about the FG/SW platform and want it to succeed
    stop developing
    move platforms

Whingeing was the wrong word to use, so sorry about that. I was "sniping" at deer_buster with his dodgy signature. I never see anything from Silent Ruin or yourself that is not constructive criticism, even if Silent Ruin does get a little heated, but that is his way and it is fine, since he gets frustrated with having to "fix" his fully working extensions.

I think Smiteworks have a tough job at the moment knocking out 2024 D&D in time and maintaining backward compatibility, and Doug offered to take a look at Silent Ruins extensions to help update them.

D&D 2024 is a huge project for Smiteworks, they HAVE to get it ready for launch and they don't have a team of 50 programmers to get it done in the tiny launch window they have.

After that is done, then maybe some more support for extension and ruleset developers will be on the cards from Smiteworks. I am sure the time restraints at the moment hinder making a comprehensive list of changes to put out for developers.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; September 7th, 2024 at 13:00.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Thread Information