GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Thread: OSRIC Ruleset

Thanks a bunch for the details, as always. I'll get these working properly, along with the Charge thing that doesn't work right. Shouldn't be more than a couple/few days before I have an update.
    Twitter: @Doomswords
    Discord: Doomsword#0669

Quote Originally Posted by ZippeeJerred View Post
    Ok just run through some Ranger tests, ran from L1 to L4, human ranger against orcs - see attached screen shots.

At all levels the only damage modifier was a +1 - I used longbow attacks throughout so no muddling with STR mods.

The bonus v humanoids is there at L1 but is not increasing with level.
    So, the Ranger bonus works fine for me but ONLY if I remove the guy from the combat tracker after he's leveled up, then add him back. Can you try that as a workaround? I'll see if I can script removing the effect and adding it back when the PC gains a level, but figured I'd see if this works for you for now.

No worries. Last update seems to have sorted most of the weirdness and error logs out.

However I have tested the undead turning issue again today (see attached).

1st image "0" shows a Level 4 cleric on a [forced] roll of 0 attempting to turn a selection of 6 zombies, 1 ghoul, 1 ghast, and 1 wight - results shows only that skeletons would have been turned automatically (1HD) - naturally on a 0 the ghoul, ghast, and wight weren't but neither were any of the zombies (5 slots were rolled). A Level 4 cleric should auto turn both skeletons (1 HD) and zombies (2 HD). 5 zombies should have been turned regardless of rolling "0" so something is wrong . . .

2nd image "13" shows the same cleric attempting the same group on a roll of 13 and turning all of them (11 slots). All good.

3rd image "18" shows the same on a roll of 18 and turning all but the ghast and wight (7 slots). All good it's turning lower caste undead first, so I think it's just the "auto level" that's set wrong.
    "Turns" out that 2E nerfs the cleric's turning ability starting at the 4th level by shifting it a bit. These values are hardcoded into the 2E ruleset, so I'll apply OSRIC overrides. I'll also end up getting 1E values (which are a bit different from either of the others) into the extension. Thanks! I wasn't aware of the specific differences, at least not for a LONG time. I'll post back soon with an update...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    So, the Ranger bonus works fine for me but ONLY if I remove the guy from the combat tracker after he's leveled up, then add him back. Can you try that as a workaround? I'll see if I can script removing the effect and adding it back when the PC gains a level, but figured I'd see if this works for you for now.
    LOL didn't try that.

yes that seems to work, even actors that have already levelled up seem to reset once removed and added back into the tracker. I do tend to just leave mine on the tracker for ever maybe that's not good policy.

Many thanks

"Turns" out that 2E nerfs the cleric's turning ability starting at the 4th level by shifting it a bit. These values are hardcoded into the 2E ruleset, so I'll apply OSRIC overrides. I'll also end up getting 1E values (which are a bit different from either of the others) into the extension. Thanks! I wasn't aware of the specific differences, at least not for a LONG time. I'll post back soon with an update...
    Well, well, I never noticed that either. Mind I never really played 2e that much (or more accurately we just merged our game into it and carried on - a lot of the changes had been "table updates" for years anyway. We didn't scrutinise it for technical changes ), certainly never noticed that particular difference.

Thanks, now its known I can handle it in game.

LOL didn't try that.

yes that seems to work, even actors that have already levelled up seem to reset once removed and added back into the tracker. I do tend to just leave mine on the tracker for ever maybe that's not good policy.

Many thanks
    I discovered that you can drag them out of the window and drag them back in (without letting go of the mouse button) and it works, too. Easier than removing/re-adding. I'll still work on making it happen without doing that. I think it will be fairly straightforward. Famous last words...

Well, well, I never noticed that either. Mind I never really played 2e that much (or more accurately we just merged our game into it and carried on - a lot of the changes had been "table updates" for years anyway. We didn't scrutinise it for technical changes ), certainly never noticed that particular difference.

Thanks, now its known I can handle it in game.
    New OSRIC out now.
    It fixes this discrepancy, but also follows all of the OSRIC turn undead stuff, now.
    Changes:

You can now turn demons and devils as "type 13" "fiends". You can only turn 1d2 of them, so I had to put some protection in place to make sure they don't get accidentally turned while among actual undead. They should be automatically sorted properly and placed at the end of the stack, regardless of hit dice. If they're targeted by themselves, the dice result for number of creatures will be properly rolled as 1d2.

If the cleric is high enough level to destroy some of the undead he's targeted, the number of creatures will be properly rolled as 1d6+6, instead of 2d6.

I've included the correct duration of 3d4 rounds on the "turned" effect for any turned undead

I've changed the chat messaging to give clarity on the results, and changed the language and formatting a bit.

I've tested it a ton, with 4th, 6th, and 9th level clerics and all manner of mixed undead and demons and devils - as well as only demons and devils - and it all seems to work. I'm all tested out, so please let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks!

Excellent news, really appreciate the time and effort.

I know what you mean, testing can be tedious

Will let you know if I notice anything weird.

thanks again

I discovered that you can drag them out of the window and drag them back in (without letting go of the mouse button) and it works, too. Easier than removing/re-adding. I'll still work on making it happen without doing that. I think it will be fairly straightforward. Famous last words...
    That's good to know, odd though.

thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Thread Information