Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Lack of Spell Automation in Prey for Death Module and other minor issues

I was disappointed when I went to use the NPC's included in the Prey for Death module to find they don't have any of the most basic spell automation. All their spells are just typed into the lists in lower case letters. Even spells with automation that are included in the Player Core ORC module aren't included in the NPC record.

I was also disappointed when I loaded up the first map and in the map layers, the LOS data is included in the GM layer, so in order for it to show up for my PC's I would have had to enable them to see the GM layer - which I did not by default - so when I dropped them into the map they could see the entire thing even though for me it was showing that the player point of view would have LOS data. I only found out when they told me they could see the entire map.

Issues like this can really tank a session. I had to go through and re-do all the LOS data mid-session, and also re-add all the spells for the NPC's from the spell list. It certainly didn't uphold the "Prep less, play more" motto, it was more like "Prep more, play less". I remember in our Session 0 there was also some of the data missing from one of the feat lists and/or entries that I had to fix, I think it was for Red Mantis Magic.

In the future for this module I'll be on the lookout for the poorly done adaptation (I can see I'll have to re-do every single NPC with spells to get any automation there), but as it stands I'd probably rate this conversion about 2/5 for slapdashery, it's just not really what I expected.

For the spells, try unlocking the NPC record, right-clicking on the spell entry and selecting the the "Reparse spell actions" option - if it works you'll need to do it for each spell, and I've sometimes still had to fix the automation, but it's better than having to rebuild the spell list from scratch.

@Trennik - that's certainly not up to our usual standards and not acceptable. Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. Thanks for letting us know about the issue with this module, we'll look into getting this addressed as quickly as we can.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information