DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Did export change vis a vis Archetype/Pregens?

Hey all, I was redoing some archetypes this past week and I kept exporting (I could swear - but maybe in my sleep-deprivation, I recalled wrong?) Characters as "archetype" to make Archetype modules.

This works, they appeared in the Archetype popup if you hit the button on Char selection.
    About 2 days back, I updated my module and hit export leaving same settings and it wouldn't show up on my Activation screen - much wasted time later, I unzipped it and saw the db.xml was empty outside of headers.

After I tried exporting as pre-generated characters - it worked.

I THOUGHT I recalled being instructed to always use Archetype for SaWo because Pre-Gen required more modifications to work.
    All works for me now, just checking my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Hey all, I was redoing some archetypes this past week and I kept exporting (I could swear - but maybe in my sleep-deprivation, I recalled wrong?) Characters as "archetype" to make Archetype modules.

This works, they appeared in the Archetype popup if you hit the button on Char selection.
    About 2 days back, I updated my module and hit export leaving same settings and it wouldn't show up on my Activation screen - much wasted time later, I unzipped it and saw the db.xml was empty outside of headers.

After I tried exporting as pre-generated characters - it worked.

I THOUGHT I recalled being instructed to always use Archetype for SaWo because Pre-Gen required more modifications to work.
    All works for me now, just checking my memory.
    There is something up with it, I think its part of the standardisation drive to make things less custom and more CoreRPG.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Sure that makes sense. It was just a funny coincidence that I started this redoing of archetypes (converted to starting Novice chars) mere two days before it changed then I thought I was going nutso once I figured it out. At first I didn’t get how come last time I exported all was fine. After a day or so it stopped showing up in module activation (there were other possible reasons due to things I was doing so I didn’t check the generated db.xml to find it empty until much fruitless debugging - that’s on me )

Related question:

In the Archetype popup, I can see the characters loaded from both Smiteworks and my own Archetype modules. While I see there is a "Rank" pulldown, it does not populate and I cannot type in it (not that I need to as it is an enumaration vs "open" values).

I don't know if this is a new thing or it was always like this - first time I tried.

Thread Information