DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Did export change vis a vis Archetype/Pregens?

Hey all, I was redoing some archetypes this past week and I kept exporting (I could swear - but maybe in my sleep-deprivation, I recalled wrong?) Characters as "archetype" to make Archetype modules.

This works, they appeared in the Archetype popup if you hit the button on Char selection.
    About 2 days back, I updated my module and hit export leaving same settings and it wouldn't show up on my Activation screen - much wasted time later, I unzipped it and saw the db.xml was empty outside of headers.

After I tried exporting as pre-generated characters - it worked.

I THOUGHT I recalled being instructed to always use Archetype for SaWo because Pre-Gen required more modifications to work.
    All works for me now, just checking my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Hey all, I was redoing some archetypes this past week and I kept exporting (I could swear - but maybe in my sleep-deprivation, I recalled wrong?) Characters as "archetype" to make Archetype modules.

This works, they appeared in the Archetype popup if you hit the button on Char selection.
    About 2 days back, I updated my module and hit export leaving same settings and it wouldn't show up on my Activation screen - much wasted time later, I unzipped it and saw the db.xml was empty outside of headers.

After I tried exporting as pre-generated characters - it worked.

I THOUGHT I recalled being instructed to always use Archetype for SaWo because Pre-Gen required more modifications to work.
    All works for me now, just checking my memory.
    There is something up with it, I think its part of the standardisation drive to make things less custom and more CoreRPG.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Sure that makes sense. It was just a funny coincidence that I started this redoing of archetypes (converted to starting Novice chars) mere two days before it changed then I thought I was going nutso once I figured it out. At first I didn’t get how come last time I exported all was fine. After a day or so it stopped showing up in module activation (there were other possible reasons due to things I was doing so I didn’t check the generated db.xml to find it empty until much fruitless debugging - that’s on me )

Related question:

In the Archetype popup, I can see the characters loaded from both Smiteworks and my own Archetype modules. While I see there is a "Rank" pulldown, it does not populate and I cannot type in it (not that I need to as it is an enumaration vs "open" values).

I don't know if this is a new thing or it was always like this - first time I tried.

The Rank pulldown now populates.
    Also, rank is given in the list with each archetype.
    This will be in the next release to Test channel and in the next full release of the SWADE ruleset.
    Add feature suggestions for Savage Worlds to Fantasy Grounds Feature Request.

Thread Information