5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempered7 View Post
    ADDED to 3 Pillars:

Gwydion's 2d6 Dungeon Module Quick Start - NEWEST - 04/09/2024

This surprise guide will prepare you for the toughest battles in 2d6 Dungeon of Xcore ruleset.
    Downloading and reading Core rules is still necessary. Videos in the Resources section explains most of the basics and combat mechanics.
    ADDED to Resources:

Reveries of the Dark - A narrative supplement for 2D6 Dungeon - Pay What You Want in Drivethru

It has tables for prompts that help to create a story about your character and the dungeon you're exploring. The rolls encourage player to write down short snippets about the character, dungeon, story and flesh out the experience. Very useful for newly started Game Masters.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/prod...or-2d6-dungeon
    Last edited by Tempered7; September 6th, 2024 at 05:21.
    If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.
    Actual Play Logs are in Solo Play Adventures.

ADDED to Resources:

If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.

UPDATE on JimSocks' Content Generator 2020:

NOTE: There are links to Player's Handbook (2014) and Dungeon Master's Guide (2014) in the Plot Gen of JimSocks' Content Gen 2020. If you're playing with (free) SRD data, you won't be able to use the links but you still can use SRD equivalent classes, etc to create your own. Also, if you don't have DMG you won't be able to create the 2 villain classes (Anti Paladin, Evil High Priest) at all, but instead, you can create a normal Paladin & Cleric and play them mean.

I have no idea if Jim will update it for the 2024 books (or even still here), so...

Sellers Shop still works with (free) SRD data or PHB. I don't know if it'll be updated for 2024 free rules, either.
    DndSpeak 100 Tables don't have links to anything so it's good.
    Last edited by Tempered7; September 14th, 2024 at 09:59.

Added to Oracles: The Adventurer's Toolbox (D&D 5E Only / Paid) - NEW 02/09/2024
    Old news for the Toolbox Module (I just noticed this because I mostly used the book version):

There are some monster links to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes in Random Encounters section. Some CR7 ones in various categories maybe others too. If you bought the module before it's delisted, you can still use it. But if you jumped the VTT train after the modules delisted for Monsters of the Multiverse (like me), know that it doesn't seem to get updated for a while. Last update is 17-06-2019.

Also note that this book's/module's random encounter tables are only up to CR7 and for level 1-15 Solo PC or 2 PCs. There is a conversion table for playing 1 PC with easier encounters and 2 PC with slightly harder / medium encounters. The second installment "The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox Part Two: The Toolbox Expanded" completes the random encounter tables by adding stuff for level 16-20 PCs. Its last update is October 07, 2023.

I already mentioned 2014 DMG / MM links in original the post so other than that, that's it.
    Last edited by Tempered7; September 14th, 2024 at 12:57.

Notes on reading modules in FGU:

! Titles of pages and encounter/reward links in pages are spoilers by themselves. There is no way to avoid them. So, don't bother.

0. Hotbars:
    Link entire adventure book into a hotbar. This will come handy for opening and closing it quickly to avoid spoilers.* Start by only clicking the first Chat Bubble in a page to print it out. Following ones are very likely to be story/combat related ones with spoilers.

* Play it a bit if you're RPing.
    * Don't look at or print other chat bubbles -if any, yet. (Need a bit ninja'ing with the eyes and hands).

# How to deal with the answers for attribute / skill checks?

1. Preparation: By knowing Background Story of the module, your PCs and their Default Behaviors well.
    2. Read-fu: Never read or print second chat bubble or onwards before you read previous paragraph. They might tell you about encounters.
    3. When reading parapgraphs, the moment you caught a familiar term (investigation, constitution, etc), stop reading.
    4. Rolls: Roll for the check and play it without looking at the chat bubble.
    5. Now print the bubble and read it on chat. Your Context is what you played just before the roll.
    6. Real events: Depending on the context and the result of the roll, determine what's REALLY happened. Use flashbacks or John's (from rpgnet forums) method if needed.

I now had an idea to turn it into its own mini-game: The reality is fluking and the module book is only one parallel universe.
    Last edited by Tempered7; Today at 00:39.

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread Information