DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes, we don't do code searches across the 435 or so Forge extensions. We do have access to pull these if needed to assist in troubleshooting something. A dropbox is not necessary.
    You had asked him to send a copy of the extensions to you guys

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can contact us to ask questions about stuff and SilentRuin and many other devs know how to reach out directly. Superteddy57 is always on Discord and available for questions. Moon Wizard normally is as well but he is unavailable at the moment.

If you have a list of simple questions such as the one below, you could send those our way and someone will try to get back to you on it.
    Q: 5E Ruleset: Windowclass "charsheet_inventory_contents" used to have the "currencylist" available to anchor onto. This is no longer available. What should I use as a replacement?

There is no limit to where you choose to anchor your content, so literally any change could impact you. I'm also not sure if this is actually a real question you would have or if you are simply venting your frustration that a change was made at all. I suspect you have no problem picking a new anchor control but you want to know if there is an anchor you can pick that is unlikely to change again in a future update. I can't really answer that. Currencies are now in their own separate windowclass. I don't know the reasons why Moon Wizard made that change, but he is often looking at content and development across multiple rulesets.

There is no simple place to start, based on the number of issues I have seen just from what SilentRuin has posted so far. Just take a look at any of his popular extensions and see the errors for yourself if you are honest about wanting to help.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post

There is no simple place to start, based on the number of issues I have seen just from what SilentRuin has posted so far. Just take a look at any of his popular extensions and see the errors for yourself if you are honest about wanting to help.
    As far as I know the errors are fixed. I'm more interested in not having to update my code EVER unless there is something that is actually a bug or a new feature. This constant time sink of fixing it just to keep it running "as it was" is wearing thin. As I'm sure people have grokked from my more vocal objections after every TEST extension buster release.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    The anchor points is not really the issue.
    The items they are being anchored too are not going away - they are not changing the tab they appear on.
    In many cases they appear in exactly the same lace to the user.
    But they are moving into new windowclasses and this is purely a coding thing.
    The reason that is given is it makes development easier but that really doesnt seem to be the case here.
    The new code may well be easier for someone brand new to FG coding to pick up - but in 6 months when the next changes roll through they will be in teh same boat as everyone else.
    Ive said it before and I dont want to harp on it but the number of people actively coding for FG is decreasing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Where exactly did I do this?

I said devs can ask a questions.

Edit. I did say devs can send a copy of broken extensions to superteddy and I and we would try to help if we were able.
    Last edited by ddavison; September 6th, 2024 at 02:11.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive said it before and I dont want to harp on it but the number of people actively coding for FG is decreasing.
    It is to the point now it is highly noticeable. The amount of new extensions have slowed to a trickle, while old ones now break, and the original author no longer desires to fix them again and again. Other authors want to fix them but are struggling to have time for the constant fixes that seem to come every other week now. By the time they struggle to get one version fix another FG update has broke it again. Some are barely even functioning now, half patched by other coders that didn't even design the extension in the first place.

Just seems to be going backwards instead of forward, and all the development time spent changing the UI and adding 2.5 D that no one uses due to lack of resources, when a user still can't even save multiple game logins in the lobby area.

Makes little sense from a design perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    It is to the point now it is highly noticeable. The amount of new extensions have slowed to a trickle, while old ones now break, and the original author no longer desires to fix them again and again. Other authors want to fix them but are struggling to have time for the constant fixes that seem to come every other week now. By the time they struggle to get one version fix another FG update has broke it again. Some are barely even functioning now, half patched by other coders that didn't even design the extension in the first place.

Just seems to be going backwards instead of forward, and all the development time spent changing the UI and adding 2.5 D that no one uses due to lack of resources, when a user still can't even save multiple game logins in the lobby area.

Makes little sense from a design perspective.
    Exactly...I've said as much in my signature. I've stopped supporting public extensions. Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (real or perceived) and they need to fix it.
    aka Laendra

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Whingeing aside - Smiteworks maybe you could publish a list of the changes so SilentRuin, Damned and other actual extension/ruleset developers have a point of reference to work with.

So if something has been replaced or renamed, they don't have to hunt for it.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Whingeing aside
    It may come across as whingeing to you, but it's something quite important to us.
    aka Laendra

That is why I put to one side.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

I figure the only way I'm going to figure out what TEST has blown away (or any past TEST stuff I've missed which is not unheard of) is to create a campaign of all my normal stuff I use from scratch and test it out like I'm building a new campaign with all that involves.

So, first thing I encountered is this weirdness. Created campaign, made sure my bazillion of options are what I usually have set, added in my 5E usual modules and supplemental modules and map modules, went in to pick my favorite test map and... what the hell are those first two entries in those modules?

WhatAreTheseMaps.png
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread Information