5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

5e effect automation: Hollow One "Cling to Life"

Hello, I'm trying to automate the Hollow One's Cling to Life ability.

"Cling to Life When you make a death saving throw and roll 16 or higher, you regain 1 hit point."

Is there any way to achieve this, I tried something like "If: SAVE (>=16) [DEATH]; HEAL 1"

I'm not super familiar with effects in the Fantasy Grounds engine, so there's probably a lot wrong with that (since it doesn't work), and I might just have them manually heal themselves with an ability or something if they roll a 16 or higher. But I was curious if anyone had any ideas of how to make this work, and maybe I'll learn something about Fantasy Grounds effects along the way!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Managroth; September 5th, 2024 at 04:06.

There isn't a way to do this with effects. It'll need to be done manually.

And welcome to the forums.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Welcome!
    If you haven't found it yet, the Wiki is pretty useful for learning the specifics of what FG can do. The details of effects for the 5E ruleset are detailed here: 5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Fantasy Grounds (atlassian.net)

You will see there is the ability to do IF and IFT (If Target) effects, but they only include comparisons to some very specific traits.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You may be able to do this with the extension, Trigger Me Timbers. Keeping in mind extensions are subject to conflicts from time to time. If you've not used it, the extension lets you set up a series of IF/THEN statements using drop downs. It's handy for things like Undead Fortitude or Relentless. And Cling to Life sounds like a variant on that theme. I wasn't able to do it, but I don't use it for many things...so it may work, it may not. But, it might be worth a look-see.
    * I don't know if you can specify a specific type of Saving Throw (i.e. Death)
    * I don't know if you can specify a specific roll value (i.e. >=16), I know you can do this for testing hit points
    * But you can certainly "set HP to 1" (as you do it with Undead Fortitude and Relentless.

Thread Information