Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    You will be able to use the 2014 version of all the data records inside your existing 5E campaign. There will be a new data field that sets the version and the default for old data without this field is to assume it is the 2014 version.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You will be able to use the 2014 version of all the data records inside your existing 5E campaign. There will be a new data field that sets the version and the default for old data without this field is to assume it is the 2014 version.
    Thanks for this clarification that core automation will not be forcing the new rules into older campaigns.

Blog Entries
    I think the fear here (or at least the one I would have if I was currently running a game), is that existing 5E compatible extensions will not be compatible with the new code. So if a DM uses an extension that does not get updated to support the new ruleset code, then either they will have to stop using that extension, or not update FG at all for many months. (And with no ability to update, they won't be able to buy new content).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    There is always some concern with extensions breaking with new versions, or failing to maintain compatibility. The best thing you can do is test your favorite extensions in the TEST channel and report any found issues to the extension developer. Our team is availability to extension devs to help make adjustments if necessary.

There is always some concern with extensions breaking with new versions, or failing to maintain compatibility. The best thing you can do is test your favorite extensions in the TEST channel and report any found issues to the extension developer. Our team is availability to extension devs to help make adjustments if necessary.
    Not "always some concern", seems to be a forgone conclusion over the last year or so.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

I foolishly thought I'd click on something else today - another wall of errors. There is no way I'm testing the bazillion bits and pieces I've added into my extensions over the last 4 years so it will be luck if this comes out of TEST not blowing up my extensions.

The latest wonder:

Windowclass "charsheet_inventory_contents" used to have the "currencylist" available to anchor onto. No longer. Another arbitrary reshuffle of UI tags makes it now in new "charsheet_inventory_currencies" where you have to insert after "header" and change your positional anchoring to fit any buttons on the Treasure header through trial and error.

One joy after another.

Map Parcels extension will now be updated in TEST at some point as clicking on any PC/NPC inventory tab will give you a raft of errors complaining about the above shift in UI anchor points.

I just have to say, these seem to change every 6 months as the mood strikes SW reeking havoc upon extension developers. QUIT CHANGING UNECESSARY FEEL GOOD NAMING when it does nothing for the actual functionality and you could KEEP the original naming.

7 hours and counting on this "make work" to keep stuff working that was working in this new TEST.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 5th, 2024 at 15:40.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I foolishly thought I'd click on something else today - another wall of errors. There is no way I'm testing the bazillion bits and pieces I've added into my extensions over the last 4 years so it will be luck if this comes out of TEST not blowing up my extensions.

The latest wonder:

Windowclass "charsheet_inventory_contents" used to have the "currencylist" available to anchor onto. No longer. Another arbitrary reshuffle of UI tags makes it now in new "charsheet_inventory_currencies" where you have to insert after "header" and change your positional anchoring to fit any buttons on the Treasure header through trial and error.

One joy after another.

Map Parcels extension will now be updated in TEST at some point as clicking on any PC/NPC inventory tab will give you a raft of errors complaining about the above shift in UI anchor points.

I just have to say, these seem to change every 6 months as the mood strikes SW reeking havoc upon extension developers. QUIT CHANGING UNECESSARY FEEL GOOD NAMING when it does nothing for the actual functionality and you could KEEP the original naming.

7 hours and counting on this "make work" to keep stuff working that was working in this new TEST.
    I presume that since your extensions are in the forge (and they have to be approved before they show up) that they have access to your extension code? Doug has offered the services of their developers to help sort this out. Have you heard anything from them outside of this thread?
    aka Laendra

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    I presume that since your extensions are in the forge (and they have to be approved before they show up) that they have access to your extension code? Doug has offered the services of their developers to help sort this out. Have you heard anything from them outside of this thread?
    I'm 100% sure they don't do searches on extension code bases before they decide to rename something. They just do it damned the torpedoes full speed ahead. I posted in another thread on my opinions on that.

And when I asked for dropbox got nothing so assumed I was on my own. Which is the safest assumption you can make when playing the "keep up with random FGU name changes" - takes less time than waiting for a response.

As far as I know (I laugh as I write this) I'm all working in TEST. (yes I'm a naive sucker in believing that)
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 5th, 2024 at 16:37.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I'm 100% sure they don't do searches on extension code bases before they decide to rename something. They just do it damned the torpedoes full speed ahead. I posted in another thread on my opinions on that.

And when I asked for dropbox got nothing so assumed I was on my own. Which is the safest assumption you can make when playing the "keep up with random FGU name changes" - takes less time than waiting for a response.

As far as I know (I laugh as I write this) I'm all working in TEST. (yes I'm a naive sucker in believing that)
    True, I am fairly certain they don't search code-bases...however, they "shouldn't" need you to send your code in as they should already have it...
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    Yes, we don't do code searches across the 435 or so Forge extensions. We do have access to pull these if needed to assist in troubleshooting something. A dropbox is not necessary.

You can contact us to ask questions about stuff and SilentRuin and many other devs know how to reach out directly. Superteddy57 is always on Discord and available for questions. Moon Wizard normally is as well but he is unavailable at the moment.

If you have a list of simple questions such as the one below, you could send those our way and someone will try to get back to you on it.
    Q: 5E Ruleset: Windowclass "charsheet_inventory_contents" used to have the "currencylist" available to anchor onto. This is no longer available. What should I use as a replacement?

There is no limit to where you choose to anchor your content, so literally any change could impact you. I'm also not sure if this is actually a real question you would have or if you are simply venting your frustration that a change was made at all. I suspect you have no problem picking a new anchor control but you want to know if there is an anchor you can pick that is unlikely to change again in a future update. I can't really answer that. Currencies are now in their own separate windowclass. I don't know the reasons why Moon Wizard made that change, but he is often looking at content and development across multiple rulesets.

Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread Information