DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    It's not the same result. The one option is 2014 and the other is 2024. They are two separate windowclasses. They are not the same. So if the version is set to 2014, the 2014 controls within the npc_combat_2014 windowclass will appear and vice versa. They don't contain the same controls.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It's not the same result. The one option is 2014 and the other is 2024. They are two separate windowclasses. They are not the same. So if the version is set to 2014, the 2014 controls within the npc_combat_2014 windowclass will appear and vice versa. They don't contain the same controls.
    Yeah I said that wrong (and was stupid thinking one sheet for 2014/2024 instead of two) - what I should have said is why is the same exact sheet npc_combat now requiring two different anchor points to hook in my stuff? In other words, basically instead of overriding one npc_combat sheet I'm going to have to do 2014 (as I did before with actext) and a new 2024 sheet as yet undetermined anchor point to get the same data added into that sheet? And as I don't own that data and am not planning to own it anytime soon - what would that anchor point even be?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

If the control is not there in the 2024 windowclass, then it's not part of that version's windowclass. This would be an example for it to be separated into two windowclasses to ensure only the correct fields are displayed. You would have to find a new anchor point in the 2024 windowclass for your new control to appear.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    If the control is not there in the 2024 windowclass, then it's not part of that version's windowclass. This would be an example for it to be separated into two windowclasses to ensure only the correct fields are displayed. You would have to find a new anchor point in the 2024 windowclass for your new control to appear.
    Do you at least have an image of the old 2014 NPC data for something say "gnoll" vs the new 2024 NPC data sheet so I can see what I might attach to? For instance, 2014 looks like this...

actext_offsetanchor.png

And is offeset off the actext field anchor point - so what does new 2024 sheet look like and how do I use the space in there (offset off what)?

See if you change stuff with data we don't have but expect it to be supported you have to supply this sort of information.

Since you are on Test, you can see the npc record by unlocking the record and clicking the version cycler at the bottom of the record to swap between the two versions of the NPC record. The code as well will display the controls within the npc_combat_2024 as well to find anchor points for your additional controls.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

For anyone having to delve into the tData argument changes for PowerManager.parsePower these are them...

Code:
    				-- Parse the description
    				local tData = {
    					sName = sName,
    					sDesc = sPowerDesc,
    					bMagic = false,
    					bPC = false,
    				};
    				sortedpowerdata = PowerManager.parsePower(tData);
    With your own data of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    For anyone having to delve into the tData argument changes for PowerManager.parsePower these are them...

Code:
                    -- Parse the description
                    local tData = {
                        sName = sName,
                        sDesc = sPowerDesc,
                        bMagic = false,
                        bPC = false,
                    };
                    sortedpowerdata = PowerManager.parsePower(tData);
    With your own data of course.
    LOL, so, they change the function's signature completely rather than make a different function that could pass the required information in to the old function? Genius. Good for the goose isn't good for the gander...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

I've suspended support for any extensions. It just isn't worth my time anymore to have to continually update them.
    Smiteworks has a developer relations problem (perceived or real) that needs to be fixed.

Only 5 hours of questioning, delving, trial and erroring so far. Per usual tons of work/time to fix tiny things.

Generic Actions
    Equipped Effects
    Death Indicators

Extensions are (GA and EE will be when Grim Press delivers them sometime later today) in TEST with fixes per above (in this thread) painful journey. Note that Theme: Hearth extension somehow has definitions for Death Indicator fields (which I had to fix anchor points on) and notified current caretaker of it. You will see

[ERROR] window: Control (npc_importantdeath_label) anchoring to an undefined control (actext) in windowclass (npc_combat)

in console log until that extension removes DI definitions or fixes them. I'm just not using Hearth in TEST for now though it is my favorite theme. Death Indicator NPC sheet options will only be displayed and be set in 2014 version of sheet (though likely apply to both).

I'm too tired to keep poking at levels of the extensions people can let me know if TEST has other broken stuff in my extensions if they wish.

Can you please give us a tic box in the updater to not update the 5e ruleset before this forced crap is put out?

I mean, why are the ones that have many running paid 5e campaigns in process that aren't switching in mid campaign being forced into this mess?

The switch should be optional... period.

I also run A5e Level Up campaigns which run off the current 5e ruleset as an extension and won't be compatible with the 2024 rules.

What should we do in this situation? I am not forcing paid players to switch in mid campaign.

Do I need to find a different VTT?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    Can you please give us a tic box in the updater to not update the 5e ruleset before this forced crap is put out?

I mean, why are the ones that have many running paid 5e campaigns in process that aren't switching in mid campaign being forced into this mess?

The switch should be optional... period.

I also run A5e Level Up campaigns which run off the current 5e ruleset as an extension and won't be compatible with the 2024 rules.

What should we do in this situation? I am not forcing paid players to switch in mid campaign.

Do I need to find a different VTT?
    The changes are not replacing the 5E ruleset. The changes are adding options to the 5E ruleset, and you are not required to use said options.

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information