Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

Dying Automation - Phase 1

With today's release of the PFRPG2 ruleset, phase 1 of implementing automation for the dying process has been implemented. There's more to come in future releases, with this release covering the manual rolling of a PC recovery check.

More details in this video: https://youtu.be/Mh3CsrA4bOk

Note: this is also available in the SFRPG2 playtest ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool stuff! It's sure to come up in our next session tomorrow, my character goes down easily

Just of note: there are two feats (that I know of) that reduce the recovery check DC:
    Toughness and Mountain's Stoutness
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Just of note: there are two feats (that I know of) that reduce the recovery check DC:
    Toughness and Mountain's Stoutness
    Thanks! I'm going to implement effects in the next phase and plan to handle these via character effects.

I may even move diehard to character effects and remove the "Die at Dying" field. Effects work better with stacking and can more accurately be removed if the feat/feature is removed from the character.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Makes sense! One of my co-players also immediately pointed out a third feat with a similar functionality: Defy Death (Orc Feat). There might be more.
    Help Fantasy Grounds get better: Write and vote on feature requests!

Watched the video, looks very cool! Of course, my wizard would never allow himself to be put in a position where he takes damage, but when I GM, I am sure I will make use of this

Oh my Goblin Bard need this so much ^^ I have Fear of the Result ^^
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

This is fantastic, I'm building out my first PF2E game and wrapping my head around all the changes as I move from 1E to the new system

Everytime you all add more of these quality of life changes it makes me more excited to get this game together and throw my group into the meat grinder!

Thanks for all your hard work !

Thread Information