GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 33 of 34 First ... 2331323334 Last
    Hi, first time posting. I keep getting this message when I load a campaign with this extension
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 154140.png

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Everything seems to be working except PB isn't being added to Skills.

It adds to saving throws / attacks / DC calculations, but not Skills.

Do I have something wrong with the syntax or is this a bug?

Attachment 61165

Thank you.
    So the Skill calculation still isn't working... I've also discovered that for some reason the Con save won't add the PB, but all the other saves do...

I'm not sure who might be able to fix this (or if anyone else cares), but the current state makes the MCDM Beastheart a little annoying to play.

So the Skill calculation still isn't working... I've also discovered that for some reason the Con save won't add the PB, but all the other saves do...

I'm not sure who might be able to fix this (or if anyone else cares), but the current state makes the MCDM Beastheart a little annoying to play.
    Is this something that worked before and is now not working or is it something that was never supported?

Looking at the code you are going to need the following trait on the creature

Primal Bond: You can add your proficiency bonus to any ability check or saving throw that the beast makes.

Required for ability checks but also works for saves and those don't need the (+ PB). I haven't tested it but might fix it for you

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Looking at the code you are going to need the following trait on the creature

Primal Bond: You can add your proficiency bonus to any ability check or saving throw that the beast makes.

Required for ability checks but also works for saves and those don't need the (+ PB). I haven't tested it but might fix it for you
    Thank you for the replies.

This is something that did work for a long time after the Beastheart came out (without Primal Bond explicitly listed as a trait on the companion - I think just the "(+ PB)" syntax was enough to make it work).

I tried adding it and there is no change.

Currently all saves add PB correctly except Con. No idea why Con is different... and none of the skills add PB. All of this did work correctly before March I believe? I've tried different syntax and each of the saves/skills individually by removing the others to no avail.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 113024.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 1.28.27 PM.png Seems to work for me so not sure. Maybe a conflict, or how things are configured

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 1.28.27 PM.png Seems to work for me so not sure. Maybe a conflict, or how things are configured
    I might not have explained it well...

This extension (to the best of my knowledge) makes it so a cohort of a PC (i.e. Beastheart's Companion) automatically add's the PC's proficiency bonus with the following syntax (at least it used to):

Str +2 (+ PB), Dex +3 (+ PB), Con +2 (+ PB), Wis +1 (+ PB)
    Acrobatics +3 (+ PB), Perception +1 (+ PB), Perception (smell) +1 (+ PB), Intimidation +3 (+ PB), Investigation -3 (+ PB)

The "(+ PB)" should automatically reference the PC's PB.

Currently it does seem to work for Str, Dex, Int, Wis, and Cha, but not for Con for some reason.

It also doesn't process any of the skills (fails to add PC's PB altogether).

I'm telling you that isn't how it does it. From the code it will look at saves with (+ PB) but it won't look at checks. If the trait is there with that text it will add the commanders PB to both traits and saves

OK, just tested again with only Friendzone 1.3.2-rc1 loaded.

This is a Beastheart Companion from MCDM (not beastmaster ranger from Tasha's)
    Companion (NPC Cohort) PB = 2
    Caregiver (PC) PB = 4

With the Notes Tab, Saving Throws field, and Skills field, blank and no Traits:

Clicking the little "S" circle for Saves gives:
    Str: Uses Caregiver PB
    Dex: Uses Caregiver PB
    Con: Uses no PB
    Int: Uses no PB
    Wis: Uses Caregiver PB
    Cha: Uses no PB

Adding the following to Saving Throws field (as they had been for over a year): Str +2 (+ PB), Dex +3 (+ PB), Con +2 (+ PB), Wis +1 (+ PB)
    Same results as above... so it doesn't seem (as you suggest) that "(+ PB)" does anything at all.

Without a trait or anything in notes, what is making it pull the Caregiver PB for Str/Dex/Wis, but not for Con/Int/Cha? Caregiver is proficient with Str/Wis but not Dex for what it is worth.

Regarding Skills, it does not pick up the "(+ PB)" as you suggest it shouldn't. I'm quite certain this used to work. I remember when this character joined in September of 2022 that I meticulously tested everything before handing it over to the player and it worked then. I can't say exactly when it stopped working, but definitely was noticed in March of 2024.

I went back and scanned all the entries in this thread.

Post #64 seems to indicate that +PB should work in other fields despite not mentioning Skills directly: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post629966

Post #98 mentions +PB to Skills: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post635346

Posts #185/186 talk about Skills: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post658463

If this isn't something that is going to get fixed, I will just hard-code the numbers and try to remember to change at level-up, but I truly think this used to work and was broken along the way somewhere.

Regardless. I appreciate your time and efforts for everything you do with these extensions. I would not be using Fantasy Grounds if it wasn't for extensions like this.

(Bonus FYI: Attacks and Armor Class do pick up "+ PB" correctly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Pathfinder View Post
    Hi, first time posting. I keep getting this message when I load a campaign with this extension
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 154140.png

Getting the same thing. How did you resolve this?

Page 33 of 34 First ... 2331323334 Last

Thread Information