Cosmere RPG Beta Launch

D&D 2024 - Core Rulebook Pre-Order Bundle

Hi,
    I was considering wether puchasing the new 2024 Core Rulebooks fro FGU. According to the store each one of the three upcoming core rulebooks costs 29.99 $.
    The bundle of all three books is 89.97 $. This means that there is no discount in purchasing the bundle with respect to buying the three books separately. Why then does the bundle option exist at all? Thanks.

Why not?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    There is no benefit at all for bundling or preordering. It is just there as a convenience at this point to group all the preorders together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Why not?
    Then why not purchasing three bundles just to have two spare ones?
    Obviously it's not up to me to suggest price policies for FGU. I'm sure SmiteWorks has people capable of making the proper choiches for the company.
    In my case the point is that, with a new D&D edition on the verge, I'm evaluating whether to stick to FGU or to switch to other VTTs or to wait (probably forever....) for the Sigil Project to be finalized, etc.
    If the three core rulebooks bundle had a significant price reduction I would be tented to purchase it and the get more tightly bound to FGU because of the money I anticipated.
    The way it is now I will probably purchase only the PHB module and keep open my evaluation on my VTT of choice postponing it by a few months. I do not see the point in purchasing the three books bundle just to spare a couple of mouse clicks.
    But, again, that's just my personal rumble.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    We did not get approval to offer discounts for the bundle or preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We did not get approval to offer discounts for the bundle or preorder.
    I see. That definitely makes sense now. Let's cross fingers for the near future then (maybe after September the 17th).
    Thanks.

It doesn't make sense, economically, to offer discounts on new products, why would anyone pay full price? It's never done in any store.

Seriously, I doubt any bundle discount would be offered before ALL 3 products were released.

The ONLY place that there is a discount for ordering a bundle from WotC for the 2024+ books is DNDBeyond and that discount is on the digital books IF you purchase the physical book(s). Why? "Because they are the factory!" And as is typical, the VTT's are only allowed to sell things at the prices that the publishers allow them too, that's part of licensing deals.

Thread Information