Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    As per my previous post, the older books will remain intact; and the new and old records will be displayed differently. No data will be removed

JPG

Thank you and I’m so glad to hear it. I had seen that earlier in the thread but that other news was recent so just wanting to verify. Thanks for all the FG Team do!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As per my previous post, the older books will remain intact; and the new and old records will be displayed differently. No data will be removed

JPG
    Another thank you is from me, because The Adventurer's Toolbox for solo play is for the current 5E ruleset. I'm guessing, until/IF the module is remade in 6th edition, the links to old info in 5E core books will remain the same.

I'm so glad I chose FGU over others.
    If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.
    Actual Play Logs are in Solo Play Adventures.

For all you extension users, if you are thinking that you are going to run 2024 on day 1, expect all extensions to be in a broken state. Some may work but don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRichtor View Post
    To the FGU Team, we saw yesterday, I believe, that DnDbeyond was removing all the digital content from the 2014 books for all spells and magic items. All of my purchased content is on this platform. I know reading the thread that the plan here seems to be to merge the two versions, but could something similar have to happen with FG’s content with regard to a full removal of that same data? It just seems to appear that WotC is forcing the move over to OneDnD, and this trend will follow as they move towards the new version of the Monster Manual next spring. Suddenly, “backwards compatible” doesn’t sound as likely.
    Where did you see this information that WotC is removing all of the 2014 content from DnD Beyond? This is their most recent change log for July to September and does not mention anything about removing content from DnD Beyond. They were going to force a separation between the 2014 content and 2024 content by moving the 2014 content to the Homebrew section but have since recanted and are not moving forward with that idea. All 2014 content will be available on DnD Beyond but will have a Legacy tag next to it.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/changelog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viepyr View Post
    Where did you see this information that WotC is removing all of the 2014 content from DnD Beyond? This is their most recent change log for July to September and does not mention anything about removing content from DnD Beyond. They were going to force a separation between the 2014 content and 2024 content by moving the 2014 content to the Homebrew section but have since recanted and are not moving forward with that idea. All 2014 content will be available on DnD Beyond but will have a Legacy tag next to it.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/changelog
    Originally DDB said that everything would be updated to 2024 and 2014 copies would not remain. But they quickly changed that when they got a lot of push back. You are right that now they are saying both 2014 and 2024 versions will remain.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just looked again, and they (again) may be backtracking but my Google search came right back to that they are preparing to remove all spells and and magic items from everyone's purchaced content ahead of the release of OneDnD. We have seen this before and both of those are clearly central to game mechanics for both the PHB and DMG. Even in this thread there was comments that suggested that WotC has stated that the supposedly "backwards comapatible" mechanics cannot work for classses as it would be unballanced, is telling that the players will be forced to migrate to the new system. My bet is, this will follow through to the MM release next spring. The FGU team is clearly working hard to try and merge the two, but at the end of the day I'm wagering this will have to be a wholesale change between the two systems. Frankly, I don't trust WotC to be doing anything other than a money-grab.

I have access to all of the 2014 PHB content on the website and app on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Viepyr View Post
    I have access to all of the 2014 PHB content on the website and app on my phone.
    https://www.wargamer.com/dnd/beyond-...ls-magic-items

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    The article itself states its info is no longer up to date.

On the table, the idea is that if you are using the 2024 PHB and the 2014 one; you use the 2024 version for anything that exists in both books, and the 2014 version for anything that has not yet been updated (for instance a subclass from Xanathar’s or Tasha’s).

Regardless, DNDBeyond is DNDBeyond and FG is FG.

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread Information