DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effect to Expand Critical Range for D&D 4E

I see that there is an effect in 5e that expands the critical hit range of a weapon from 20, but what about for 4e? It would be useful for the Jagged weapon property, Arrow of Ill Omen, Focused Sound, a bunch of other things like that. If an effect doesn't already exist, is there a workaround? An extension or anything? If not, how would hard would it be to add in if I added it to the feature request list?

In Weapon Properties (Combat tab) add "crit range #". For example: crit range 18
    "High Crit" also works for a high crit weapon.

Thanks! That helps with the Jagged property so I do appreciate it. But I was hoping for an effect so I could add further automation to other uses cases.

For example, Focused Sound increases the critical hit range of the next ally's attack against the target. There's various powers that have an increased critical hit range only for that attack. Or Hunt's End which has an increased critical hit range only if the target is your quarry. Slaying Strike has increased crit range if they're bloodied, an Ardent power increases the crit range of nearby allies, etc.

Things like that would be made a lot easier if there was an effect I could manipulate instead of adding that crit range property to my weapon before using the ability and then removing it each time, or telling an ally to add it to their weapon and telling them to remove it after the relevant expiration of the power. Especially since it seems like it would be within Fantasy Grounds' wheelhouse.

I suppose I know this workaround exists now so at least there's that, but if anyone knows if there's a less fiddly solution for me and my allies, I appreciate it!
    Last edited by SieferSeesSomething; August 28th, 2024 at 21:20.

Thread Information