Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Fantasy Grounds Update Overwrote Campaign

Ok, to start, I've seen the other posts where you guys say that it can't do that. Let's just start by saying the fact there is multiple google results saying this happened and you all saying it can't probably means it can.

So I noticed the update on Unity version, at this point campaign was there, hit update. Campaign not there. Now the screen startup ui looks different and instead of my campaign there is a 5e tutorial campaign that was no longer there.

Ok, I think, the update changed the path. I double check the path, and it's to exactly the campaign data folder that I had previously set. Same name, same drive. It's set to the Unity folder, not the classic folder. I have both. I check every where else, there is no other data folders on pc. Just the Unity one and the Classic one.

I run folder searches. I use a harddrive clean tool that shows me every file on a drive.

When I say, the update has overwritten my campaign. I mean the update has overwritten my campaign and left a tutorial campaign in it's place. Let's forgo the "it can't happen, that's not how it works" responses that I've seen with every other person that's had this problem. I get it if it's not something that can't be fixed but the cause should be looked into and not dismissed for the (judging by the google search) 4th time.

I have been using FG as long as you have and that has never happened to me. I did lose all my campaigns once, but that was because I deleted the wrong folder.

What is the Data directory in Setup on the FGU launcher?
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Also, check to see if your campaign is in the main campaigns folder, or in one of the channels/Test/campaigns/ or channels/Dev/campaigns folders.

If you changed channels during the update, it would be looking at a different folder than before.

Regards,
    JPG

I figured it out my apologies, the update did indeed change the path to a brand new folder of the same name one level above the other. My bad, jumped the gun. It's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    I figured it out my apologies, the update did indeed change the path to a brand new folder of the same name one level above the other. My bad, jumped the gun. It's still there.
    I blame google.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    Whew

Thread Information