Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

'Wilderness Adventure Framework' in the DMG behavior is weird.

In my prep for my first custom campaign I was playing around with the story templates in the DMG and I used the Wilderness Adventure Framework template and all of the [Wilderness Features] got outputted as a 'Wilderness Feature'.

Is that the intended behavior? seems wired to print that out 10 times.

It is intended. There's no specific tables for rolling up wilderness features as such so it's left up to the DM to decide the setting. The template includes a number of placeholders for such brief descriptions that the DM can include, delete, ignore or do with whatever they want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Can I populate a list or table of features somewhere for that template to pull from? I like using RNG story templates for one-night adventures.

Yes, just create a table called Wilderness Features with whatever you want in it. Or make a copy of the template and edit it to your liking.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

NEVERMIND, IM DUMB.

It's in the story templates.

Sorry for necroing but have Wilderness Adventure Framework table disappeared after new updates?
    It's not in DMG reference manual, tables, story.

I think I found a way to play hexcrawl in FGU with 3 supplement combo and this framework can be very helpful.
    Last edited by Tempered7; August 25th, 2024 at 21:22.
    If you want to solo your way through FGU, I write about Solo RPG methods and reviews in my All Things Solo blog.
    Actual Play Logs are in Solo Play Adventures.

Thread Information